• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

And the use of the "handle" on top. How does one grip it

I have my thumb on the top where the Allen Edmonds badge is and a couple fingers on the underside.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone chime in on what's the correct/best method to remove an AE shoe tree from shoe?

I get a grip on the heel portion, pull forward to compress it and lift up then pull the toe portion out.

And the use of the "handle" on top. How does one grip it

I have my thumb on the top where the Allen Edmonds badge is and a couple fingers on the underside.

For some reason I am laughing at this exchange...

Just trying to help....

best I could find, skip to 1:35.

0.jpg

Last edited:

Scottyb06

Reaction score
any idea when they will have the 2 for 250 sale?

They just had one about two months ago so I imagine it will be awhile. My understanding is that they occur every six months or so. The last one for me was great - navy suede Strands + tan Banchory's. Had to hold back on also purchasing a pair of brown Haight boots and another pair I can't think of right now...

rodaman

Reaction score
Straight props to you, tifosi. This is SF and I fully expected someone to blast roda for these questions, even in this thread.
I'm new to shoe care and was just wondering what the most efficient way was. Don't want a splinter or anything.

Appleanche

Reaction score
Quick Question - I picked up a pair of Eagle County boots - I see in the preview image they do bar lacing

Any idea how they achieved that with the hooks and the odd number of eyelets?

Sorry for the silly question - actually my first pair of boots!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Quick Question - I picked up a pair of Eagle County boots - I see in the preview image they do bar lacing Any idea how they achieved that with the hooks and the odd number of eyelets? Sorry for the silly question - actually my first pair of boots!
I don't think you can do bar lacing with speed hooks. Photoshop.

Appleanche

Reaction score
Ah so I wasn't just stupid - tried for a good 25 minutes.

I like the boots - wish the leather was a bit less distressed looking though, if only I didn't miss that MTO sale - woulda loved them in bourbon calf.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No hate. I just kind of pull the sucker out is all. Never thought to ask about it.

I ripped the lining of my Long Branches doing that. :(

Now I'm as ginger as a Scotsman when I take them out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads