• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

StyleNovice6

Reaction score
Do you A.E connoisseurs think it would be wise to pick up a pair of daltons or strands from the 15-30% seconds sale? or should i hold out for the nordstrom sale or a future 2 for 250 seconds sale? - are Daltons included in 2 for 250 sales?

Thanks

YoungSweet

Reaction score
Do you A.E connoisseurs think it would be wise to pick up a pair of daltons or strands from the 15-30% seconds sale? or should i hold out for the nordstrom sale or a future 2 for 250 seconds sale? - are Daltons included in 2 for 250 sales?

Thanks
The 2 for 250 sale is for closeout styles/colors only. I've seen posts from others reported the Daltons included in the sale but they were odd colors and were only a few sizes. If you are waiting on walnut daltons, it's almost never make it to closeouts.

Nordstrom sale can be hit or miss since you will never know what they will include. It's typically about 33% off the regular price so you can do the math (~240) for firsts, comparing to the same price for the current seconds sale. I'd wait on the Strands since you can probably obtain them for about the same price (firsts) if you follow this thread closely

StyleNovice6

Reaction score
The 2 for 250 sale is for closeout styles/colors only. I've seen posts from others reported the Daltons included in the sale but they were odd colors and were only a few sizes. If you are waiting on walnut daltons, it's almost never make it to closeouts.

Nordstrom sale can be hit or miss since you will never know what they will include. It's typically about 33% off the regular price so you can do the math (~240) for firsts, comparing to the same price for the current seconds sale. I'd wait on the Strands since you can probably obtain them for about the same price (firsts) if you follow this thread closelyTh
Thanks for the info, I think ill just wait it out for nordstrom and hope either strands/mcallisters/daltons are included. chances are atleast one model will be included.

trying to resist the urge to buy seconds daltons isnt easy. but they are seconds... lol
1159[1].gif

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which last is more narrow? Alden hampton last or 5-last?

hampton 9C = 9D 5-last?

Loucks

Reaction score
I know it was a few pages ago, but those MTO Eagle County boots are fantastic. I'd pay full retail for a pair if they came back in walnut/bourbon/brown with a dainite sole.

Speaking of, does AE use genuine Dainite soles or is it just a similar-looking rubber sole?

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it was a few pages ago, but those MTO Eagle County boots are fantastic. I'd pay full retail for a pair if they came back in walnut/bourbon/brown with a dainite sole.

Speaking of, does AE use genuine Dainite soles or is it just a similar-looking rubber sole?
They use real Dainite. Not sure if its clear in this picture where "Dainite" is still partially visible.

Loucks

Reaction score
They use real Dainite. Not sure if its clear in this picture where "Dainite" is still partially visible.

Quite clear. Thanks for the photo. Now I want a pair of those even more!

Last edited:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some new MTO's just in: Bourbon Fullerton

More pics and full specs here:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/the-allen-edmonds-mto-thread/990#post_7148648

Bl@ster, these are simply outstanding. Maybe the best use of bourbon leather I have ever seen.

It got me thinking about the "One Shoe" concept from Mafoo. This could be the semi-casual/denim version of that. I'm seriously thinking about copying your specs, then deciding which/how many pairs of shoes I would get rid of for lack of wear.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure if I feel lucky or unlucky that the Eagle County last does not fit me. Yet another fantastic make-up. AE would be crazy not to bring this show back with some of the designs created here.

CrimmyS

Reaction score
That's seems high. Is it just shipping that is costing you alot?
No, they should be sold from within this country. The prices on all AEs and from what it looks like (though I haven't checked thoroughly) double if not a bit more their USD value. Prices generally start at about 500 USD if purchases online and start at about 600 USD for loafers if you buy them in store.

Are these from a private seller? Based on your pictures, these do not appear to be seconds or used. A second should have a mark on the sole, which I don't see, to indicate as such and they don't appear to be used since there is absolutely no wear on the sole. Also, I see the shoe bags underneath the shoes, and those aren't included with seconds. That being said, you do see a little creasing in the leather in the last picture, which is indicative of use, so maybe these are actually firsts that were store demos or the previous owner only wore them to walk around the house?

Anyways, as far as I can tell, these appear to be firsts and seem to be in pretty good shape. The Neumora is a closeout style that is available as a second for $159 right now. It's up to you how much more you are willing to pay to not deal with the uncertainty of seconds, but recent history within this thread is that most folks are willing to pay ~$30-40. So a good price point may be $200 or less?

Of course, I'm also a newcomer to this thread, so I'm sure there are many more veterans here that can give you more informed advice.

Yes it's a private seller. He says they're new but they might have been tried on a few times. They're not seconds apparently.He's not willing to lower his price though point so I'll have to think about it. My problem is I don't have a store that I can go to and find out my shoe size (I've only worn converse and adidas) and so shipping internationally might cause some monetary issues...

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some new MTO's just in: Bourbon Fullerton

More pics and full specs here:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/the-allen-edmonds-mto-thread/990#post_7148648

Blaster for the win, as usual.

The Fullerton is a fascinating shoe - six-eyelet bal but on the 1 last, which I believe makes it unique. Strangely, it doesn't show up on the website when you filter the "all" list by the 1, which is often how I look for shoes (the 1 last being my favorite).

And, as kmdsimpson suggested, it could be the "one shoe to rule them all." Split-reverse or flat welt . . . shell, smooth or grain calf . . . any color . . . maybe even a Strand medallion. So many different looks possible here.

(I just noticed that this MTO version only has five eyelets. Blaster, how did you pull that off? It's not in your specs.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads