1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pizzapie

pizzapie Well-Known Member

If you don't see anything, why worry?

2 people like this.
  2. DGY1atTMW

DGY1atTMW Well-Known Member

Chili GRAIN $147 I'd speculate...as opposed to 'regular' Chili @ $299..

But why speculate? - if ur interested, just call em up and ask, can't hurt

3. DGY1atTMW

DGY1atTMW Well-Known Member

+1
    If you're happy with them, no need to go looking for problems

Beautiful shoe sir - wear with pride!

4. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Was wondering about those non-BB at the end without pictures also. I bought two of those - Kiowa brown grain and Merlot Grayson. Both were in really good shape. My guess is discontinued colors and there are so few left that they don't think the pictures are worth it.

5. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

PSA: For the Canadians here...

Club Monaco Canada site has a 20-30% off sale going on this weekend that also applies to their AE shell shoes with some sizes still available.

I believe same sale is happening on the US site as well, but sizes appear to be limited.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  6. misterellington

misterellington Senior member

They're going for between $99 and $139 here in NYC. Here's what I saw today at the Atlantic Center Store yesterday afternoon...

Two Size 14D Independence Collections “Adams” loafers
    Two Tan Grayson loafers, one 8.5D and one 13 EEE
    Three or four Schautals (The snuff suede MacNeil variant) ranging from 11D through 13D.

Then a couple of other ass-kickers:
    One Very patriotic-looking white and blue with red accents pair of spectator Hamptons in a 9.5 D
    Annnnndd...
    A pair of rare, obviously deadstocked burnished dark brown Jodox' from the 90th Anniversary Collection (circa late 2012-early 2013 featuring the “1922-2012” Anniversary interior tag) in 11 EEE.

THESE I snapped the hell up. God, but they fit beautifully!

The rest remain, my fellow New Yorkers. Come to Downtown Brooklyn and git 'em...

Pics following. Damn, but the Jodox' are sweet! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are those Jodox' by themselves...
    [​IMG]

And I forgot to take a pic of the ones shown here—via a pic from “Brill” who posted a few pages back. This same model is at The Burlington here in Downtown Brooklyn also—minus the damaged tongue in Brill's pic. The pair here is a 9.5D.[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  7. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

There is a Memorial Day sale currently at Shoebank. 15%-30% off current styles. Most shell cordovans are $425, with a few at $399.

There are dark brown shell and bugundy shell Dundees in 12 E for $399. That's pretty sweet!

8. Josh Savage

Josh Savage Senior member

Is the modern Sanford exactly the same as the old Lexington? Any differences at all?

9. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

different last. Old Lexington was the one last. Sanford was the 7 last. See here for a Lexington:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

I saw this as well but the shell macneil wasn't available online in my size. So I called their customer service and surprisingly they located the macneil in my size at a NY store and I placed the order by directly calling the store.
    May be worth a try..

11. Josh Savage

Josh Savage Senior member

I have the Lexington as well. Love them. Is the Sanford fit more narrow? Less?

12. gatszu

gatszu Senior member

Wolverine 1000 mile Russet Krause by AE. Beautiful Sun Diego
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

Anyone have a pair of Wolverine 721 in size 13 they want to sell me?

14. Odradek

Odradek Senior member

This maybe a very basic question, but what last was the Shaker Heights made on?
    Since the model has been discontinued, I can't find out on the AE website.

Also, if I wear the MacNeil and the Shelton in a size 8.5D, would that be a good bet for the Shaker Heights?
    I'm in Europe so can't get to try them on in person before buying, but I might fancy the Brooks version of the Shaker Heights.

15. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

73 last. Fits wide and short compared to strand. I would say try the same size as your Sheltons and MacNeils.

16. Odradek

Odradek Senior member

Great, thanks.

17. J One

J One Senior member

Now that I have my first pair of Shell AE what should I use to care for the leather before we go for a walk.

Saphir renovateur or venetian cream
    And going forward wax, cream polish or non and just stick to a leather conditioner.
    Should I use a leather protector such as Alden leather defender?

Thanks in advance.

18. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

All I do is wipe them down with a damp cloth and brush them, followed by vigorous buffing with a soft cloth.

If there are dry spots, water welts, or scuffs, I will sometimes hit them with Bick 4 after brushing, then I'll brush again and buff vigorously.

19. Parrish

Parrish Member

At the shoebank I've seen a few examples of a traditional 4 digit style with a leading "8" + a different price. For example, this PA: http://www.shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php?STY=85615S&DIM=3E&SIZE=075

It's the same as the black PA style number but with an 8 in front plus a different price ($294 instead of $299). I've seen this before with a strand pair with a leading 8 that was $65 less than the regular $299. Is there anything to this?

20. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Agreed. I usually take a 9.5E or a 9EEE in most AE shoes, but was ok with a 9.5D in the Shaker Heights (only width available in the Brooks Brothers make up).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.