• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hot tip: Make sure you know your size accurately before ordering.  I wear an 11E in all of my AE shoes but for some reason my 11E McTavishes see far too wide in the heel and long in the toebox (but just fine width-wise at the ball).  I measure an 11 1/2 D/E on the Brannock but was encouraged to go for a 10 1/2 E on the McTavish on my next pair.  My navy suede Strands also fit like my McTavish and feel a bit too large.  Note that I also use tongue pads and that doesn't seem to solve the issue sufficiently.  No big deal but next time I'll order a smaller size.

Iv'e read that I should go down half a size but this is the first I read about a full size. I'm a 8D in my AE's but I had to go with a 7.5 for the kenilworth. HMM!

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cappuccino cordovan Bayfields today.

Awww, yeah.

MrDoubleTake

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I jumped on merlot franciscan from this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/383341/allen-edmonds-monk-strap-megathread-huge-sale

I'm wondering how these would fit? I usually wear size 7.5 - 8.5 and have wide feet.

My current shoes, 7EE ferragamos, are good for me length-wise but they are very tight in the width (probably because I've grown since I got them).

I like my shoes to feel a bit loose, so hoping these will be comfy!

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Someone asked for a sort option for www.shoebank.com. That is now in place.

Someone else asked for a spreadsheet download option. Can you tell me why this is important and how you would use this?

Thank you,

Wow good to see my request was made reality!! I think this will really help us consumers target shoes within our price range.

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
The sort option is definitely useful. Thanks!

Would it be possible to have the inventory status for each shoe on the site? Even if it's not totally accurate? I think it would be helpful to know roughly how many pairs of each shoe is available.

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for but, if you select a model it WILL tell you which stores have it.

So as long as you know which models you want, you can easily narrow down the store locations.

Scottyb06

Reaction score
Iv'e read that I should go down half a size but this is the first I read about a full size. I'm a 8D in my AE's but I had to go with a 7.5 for the kenilworth. HMM!

You may well only need to go down half a size - that's what I did for my other shoes. I size at an 11.5 but wear an 11E. My McTavish indeed fits larger than my other shoes. Even the salesperson at the AE store told me my McTavishes were too large (but not so large that they're uncomfortable). I will say that they fit much better if I wear thicker socks. That's hard to do in the summer when it gets really hot :)

cdgreg

Reaction score
Evening gentlemen, I've been trying to find a traditional pair of loafers that fit without slipping and it has been a nightmare. Is there a certain style of AE loafers with a higher vamp? I'd prefer traditional penny loafer rather than tassel if possible. Thanks!

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you guys throw in a tongue pad if you have a slight bit of heel slip on a shoe?

Skatenc123

Reaction score

Do you guys throw in a tongue pad if you have a slight bit of heel slip on a shoe?

Depends if the shoe is new or not. I usually get some heelslip while I'm breaking in shoes, while the soles are still rigid. Just wear bandaids if the slip is giving me blisters. If there broken in and slipping sometimes just a thicker pair of socks does the trick for me. But I do have some tounge pads in a pair of loafers and they works really well.

booksbrown

Reaction score
Forgive me, being new to forums, and to this thread. I am buying my first AE shoes, have a pair of Lexingtons on order. I did not see many reviews and wondered if folks here have had good experiences with this shoe. Humbly Bb.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Evening gentlemen, I've been trying to find a traditional pair of loafers that fit without slipping and it has been a nightmare.  Is there a certain style of AE loafers with a higher vamp?  I'd prefer traditional penny loafer rather than tassel if possible.  Thanks! 

There are a couple that work for me ( high instep) so of course, AE is cutting them out. One is the McGraw. The other is the RL Singleton. Both are penny's. Some sizes can be had at the outlets/ Shoebank. None of the current AE loafers worked for me.

Last edited:

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Forgive me, being new to forums, and to this thread. I am buying my first AE shoes, have a pair of Lexingtons on order. I did not see many reviews and wondered if folks here have had good experiences with this shoe. Humbly Bb.

I just received an MTO pair of Lexingtons made out of brown CXL yesterday. I haven't worn them other than trying them on, but I like them. Fits about the same as most other 65-lasted AE's I have. I think it's a versatile style.

Fit pic I took yesterday for the MTO thread:

jch1

Reaction score
I picked up some burgundy shell Graysons a few months ago specifically for a wedding in June (with a seersucker suit, pink shirt, navy-with-white-dots bow tie). They're sitting in the window for the next couple of weeks to lighten up a bit.

At 34, I think I'm just hitting the point where I can get away with wearing them.
Perhaps I'm not the typical younger guy, but I'm 28 and just purchased two pairs of tassles (Grayson webgem/MTO & Lake Shore Drive MTO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads