1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoes4play

Shoes4play Senior member

No, I don't think they send them back to you. But I do think they repackage them and sell them to someone else as "new". Some of the firsts I've received have been pretty sloppy.

2. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

Excellent socks and strings, Chris!

My offering for today...the 'quickly becoming ruby' Cambridges!
    [​IMG]

3. flylikeneagle

flylikeneagle Active Member

[​IMG]

My Promontory Point boot with red Long Branch laces , courtesy of the AE store in Dunwoody, Atlanta

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  4. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

[​IMG]
    A Malvern kind of day.

5. Josh Savage

Josh Savage Senior member

6. AlphaDad

AlphaDad Active Member

I placed my order today for the Walnut burnished Warwicks. Fortunately AE honored the $159 pricetag. They were more than willing to honor the sale price, however, initially the rep said the shoes were never that price. With no fuss she said she would see if the $159 was accurate and moments later she honored the price.

So anyone who hesitated during the sale has another chance while they are honoring the sale prices, so act accordingly.

7. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Linen Carlyles. Awesome.

[​IMG]

Same as the 65, the poron gives a bit of an issue with my lacing gap but length is great.

8. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

Those are sweet! I am breaking out the Shreveports for the maiden voyage on Saturday, and I'm hoping for a similar effect.

9. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Thanks a bunch for the reply. The reason I had asked is because the pull tab on my Daltons had slightly torn while I was putting them on for the first time. So I sent them back to exchange, and the "new" pair has returned within 2 weeks (whereas it took all of 6+ weeks for them to make the "original" pair) looking awfully familiar. Slight creases in the same spots on the shaft of the boot (from where I had tried them on). Very similar tongue misalignment. Plus, despite the fact that I requested a new pair be made, I cant really imagine them going through all the effort of creating a new pair just to repair 1 slight tear on 1 pull tab, with virtually flawless uppers and soles, when no one would really be watching in the factory, either way. I know theyre a company that prides itself on customer service, but realistically, they are also a budget (but quality) shoe maker...so I cant imagine that they wouldnt want to cut some corners where they can, when no one is watching.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  10. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

I don't see any 7.5C in 5 lasted shoes on AE's website. Is this a special order that will require additional charges?

Thanks

11. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

I have to say, AE photography strikes again. From the pictures I wouldn't have even looked twice at the Linen Carlyle, but from csmitty's post, they look really good.

12. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard Senior member

Tan Strandmoks today. These were among my first AE purchases two years ago but I just got around to wearing them for the first time today. They're really comfortable shoes. Only problem is, if they're anything like the blue Strandmoks I also bought, they'll probably stretch and get way too loose over time. Today, though, they feel great -- might be the most comfortable shoes I can remember wearing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Hey that's my measured size...
    Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you would have to special order that unless they happen to have some on the shoebank site already (I could be wrong though). From your other posts, I wouldn't recommend this - I think you were the one who said you hated the trial and error. Sorry, but I have some more for you -

1. Try the 333 last in 7, 7.5, 8 in a D width, something that laces up, like the Larchmont. The 333 might work better for you. I think I remember seeing "long, narrow & low arches"
    2. The custom order (again, assuming it really is a custom order), is the only thing I know that they will not refund, so you would have to be 100% sure of it beforehand. Hence the catch 22 - how would you know unless you literally ordered on shoebank, returned it, then did the custom order? Also, didn't you say you had a significant difference in sizes between left and right? In a custom order they will make two different sized shoes for you - in my mind that would make it worth it if it made a significant improvement.

I'm here to help :)

14. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

@Mean Mr MustardI know what you mean. My neumoks feel almost a full size too long now. That's after I stopped using shoe trees for them. I never wear them and I'm thinking about tossing them.

15. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard Senior member

Quote:
    Some of my early AE purchases were the wrong width (E instead of D) and in those cases I've been perfectly happy using inserts. So you could try that, or perhaps you have... I suppose if they feel a full size too big, even inserts might not help a whole lot.

16. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Tried heel pads, tongue pads and what not. They are the right size, but shoe trees stretched them out too long. Doesn't happen to my lined suede or calf shoes. Oh well, I need to clear room, anyway [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

When I click on the shoe bank the brooks brothers shoes don't show a picture. Am I the only one having this issue?

18. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

No, I also noticed that but not for all Brooks shoes. Brooks macneil has the picture but brooks warwick doesn't.
    While on the topic, I also noticed that they changed the price on some Brooks shoes like warwick, it is 199 now though I swear it was at a higher price yesterday. or may be I need more coffee!

19. rostov

rostov Senior member

I really like the slip bead detailing. I told @garland last week that I wasn't sure about these, but this picture makes them far more interesting than on the BB website. Still, not available in my size without doing a SMU...

20. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Nope, not you. The linen Carlyles were $309 the other day! Also back to $199 now.

Lookin' good @csmitty !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.