Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Well done, good sir.

2. JubeiSpiegel

So, i stopped by my local AE store, it looks like he already started the promotion. It does not look like too many additions were given to the original list i posted, except for the Positano, which conveniently i was looking at maybe getting. Lesser known belts are on sale, all ceder products, but interestingly they are rotating the sales every 3 days until the end. So one day the McAllister might be on sale, but not the next 3 days, and so on. Strange, my SA told me he is just keeping everything the same sales price to keep it simply, good guy. But i was pleasantly surprised about the Positano, it looks to be down to $199, which is a great price for 1st quality. I took some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some notes, it is an etched weave, and the sole is something i have not seen on any AE before! Channeled and covered stitching on this one, with a nice imbedded AE logo on the bottom. Might have to kop... :slayer:

3. mb6c

mb6c Active Member

It looks like the Cordovan park avenues are on sale.

I actually just purchased the regular Park Avenues last week.... should I go back to the store and try to get a discount if those are available as well? I haven't worn them once yet.

4. lithdoc

lithdoc Well-Known Member

I just came from the AE store in Troy, and the Positanos were not on sale! Could it be specific to your store? I've been eyeing the Positano and Verona loafers for a while now, and I did miss the $199 deal from last year. As a side note, it seems that their width selection for italian shoes has become rather limited - I need 14E, and there are none to be found anymore!

5. JubeiSpiegel

Wait till the sale to see, or ask your SA in Troy. My SA showed me his sales list and the Positano was on it. If not, just order by phone from my SA in Orlando.

6. BigCheese

BigCheese Well-Known Member

Just ordered a pair of Kenilworth's from the Port Washington store. 9.5 D in brown, excited to use them for a business casual environment.

7. zero neck

zero neck Well-Known Member

I like the Kennilworths alot but they just don't fit me right. A little odd bc all the other shoes I've tried in the 5-65 last fit like a glove.
    Anyway, hope they fit ya great! It's an excellent looking sleek shoe.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012

8. slimfit4me

slimfit4me Active Member

I had to size down a half a size on the Kenilworth to a 9.5E from the 10E that I normally wear on the #5 last (McAllister & Neumok). The 10E on the McAllister & Neumok are not a snugged fit as I would prefer but it's not loose where my foot is slipping out of the shoe. Should be getting my brown Kenilworth & black Neumora (9E) this week.

9. zero neck

zero neck Well-Known Member

Yeah I have park ave and fifth ave in 10D and they fit perfectly, I tried Kenilworth in both 10 and 9.5 D and the 10 was too long, the 9.5 too snug. Maybe i should try more pairs in the future and see if there's some variation from shoe to shoe since I do like it.

10. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

I'm thinking strongly about the brown/linen carlsbad.

[​IMG]

Anybody have pics in the wild?

11. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Most of my 5 last shoes fit perfectly too. However the Clifton in 10D was too long, close but the crease in the left shoe was right on the line of the cap toe stitching. Exchanged them for a 9.5D and they bowed badly so I returned them. Before I did wore them in the house for a bit longer and realized they were just a bit too snug. There is definitely some variation from shoe to shoe but I think some just fit better than others. And the same on the #1 last for me too.

12. mb6c

mb6c Active Member

Hey did you happen to see the regular Park Avenue's (black) on sale?

I just bought a pair last week and am wondering if I got still get a discount.

13. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

So I bought a pair of brown MacNeils off eBay. According to the catalogs, these were last made in 1995. I followed some instructions I found for re-coloring the edges (basically you use some sandpaper and hope for the best). Then I took them to my local cobbler. I can't decide what he did to them to get them to shine, but I'm thinking paint. Overall I was pretty pleased with the results. Anyways, here are the before and after pics.

Before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

After:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

Thanks to Paul, the CEO of AE, I was able to custom order a pair of Wendells in my size. I was able to connect with him through AAAC. I've always loved them and was quite frustrated when they ran a limited production run in only "D" sizes, seeing as I'm a 12E. They came last week, and I love them! I think this brings me up to an even dozen pairs of AEs. It really speaks to the commitment of AE to customer satisfaction that the CEO would help me out.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.