• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epc2

Reaction score
Quick question, when a particular shoe/size says "order now handcrafted for you in 8 weeks" does it really take 8 weeks or is it normally less?

Thanks,

devastitis

Reaction score

Completely agree with this. You really need a black plain captoe oxford for formal and business suit occasions. I just purchased the Lexington and am a big fan, but it's a blucher; you would still have the hole in your collection. I prefer the captoe on the Lexington, but the choice is oxford vs. blucher, and oxford wins for suits.

Okay, Park Avenue it is. And if I can find seconds PAs in shell at $299, I wouldn't jump on them. I would dive headfirst. I'll wait for them to be on sale, like GOP Shoe Guy suggested. The black PAs are a hole, but not a need atm. No formal events or meetings coming up in the near future. Thanks, guys.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quick question, when a particular shoe/size says "order now handcrafted for you in 8 weeks" does it really take 8 weeks or is it normally less?

Thanks,

Sometimes. My Amoks did. But most have taken under 2. Except MTOs :)

Pastor

Reaction score

Okay, Park Avenue it is. And if I can find seconds PAs in shell at $299, I wouldn't jump on them. I would dive headfirst. I'll wait for them to be on sale, like GOP Shoe Guy suggested. The black PAs are a hole, but not a need atm. No formal events or meetings coming up in the near future. Thanks, guys.

I got my black shell PA a few weeks ago at the last $299 sale. I also got #8 shell Leeds a week later for the same price.

devastitis

Reaction score

I got my black shell PA a few weeks ago at the last $299 sale. I also got #8 shell Leeds a week later for the same price.

Do you have pics of them? Both, the PA and Leeds, because I am also looking at the Leeds for a future down the line purchase. Thanks!

Spiker

Reaction score
Anyone got recommendation for non-cedar shoe trees? I just got my first pairs of shoe tree from JAB and I hate the cedar smell lol. (Smells like chinese herbal medicine)

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear an E width in the 5 last and a D width in everything else including the 7 last (same as the MacNeil).

I forgot to mention that I am also an 11.5E in the Dalton and Long Branch (1 last). I'm torn. I might just have to take a trip into Manhattan to try these on. Also, any opinions from anyone on the black grain leather? It doesn't look too impressive on the BB site, but I feel that it may look better in person. These are firsts at a price that is normally less than Macneil seconds, and I believe this one of the models AE never puts on sale because they simply don't need to.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone got recommendation for non-cedar shoe trees? I just got my first pairs of shoe tree from JAB and I hate the cedar smell lol. (Smells like chinese herbal medicine)

Learn to love the cedar trees, bro. Unlike herbal medicine, they actually work.

ssbowtie1

Reaction score
Thank you to all that replied to my previous post regarding the Lexington shoes. As a quick recap, my current wardrobe is as follows: Chinos in blue, navy, gray, khaki, and olive. All button up shirts from Brooks Brothers. I wear business casual to work.

So here is my dilemma...I currently have no nice shoes and on a whim I purchased a pair or black Park Aves but quickly realized that these shoes are far too formal for my attire. So I'm thinking of returning them and purchasing the following:

Black Lexington shoes for business casual and for wearing with a suit (it seems like the Lexingtons are able to pull both functions off pretty well vs. the Park Aves which seem strictly formal) and a matching belt.

Bourbon Lexington shoes for business casual (I'm not 100% firm on this color, but it seems the most versatile for my color of pants, what do you think?) and a matching belt.

Brown pair of loafers for business casual, maybe the Randolph? (I'm undecided on which one so I'm open to suggestions).

Now I know it's probably not the wisest decision to start a shoe collection with the same shoe in different colors, but the Lexington in black seems very versatile and will get worn much more often than the park aves. Additionally, the bourbon color seems different enough to justify being put in rotation.

Now from reading the forum, I know the typical recommendations are for some Strands or McAllisters, but I personally do not like the brogue detailing. Maybe I will grow into liking them in the future, but for right now I very much like the simple look of captoes. I also considered the Ashtons but I don't like the middle stitching very much.

Anyway, what do you guys think of these shoes as a collection for business casual with the occasional gray suit for funerals, weddings, and interviews (black Lexington for all these)?

Last edited:

Ben Dimond

Reaction score
Wanted to get the Mora 2.0, but want your opinion on what color. Don't want black and deciding on which is more versatile, the bourbon or brown burnished.

Spiker

Reaction score
I prefer brown for shoes with simpler design. I think Mora is pretty clean cut. Bourbon is lighter and I think it shows brogue shoe like McAllister better.

Wanted to get the Mora 2.0, but want your opinion on what color.  Don't want black and deciding on which is more versatile, the bourbon or brown burnished.

Last edited:

rodaman

Reaction score
Wanted to get the Mora 2.0, but want your opinion on what color. Don't want black and deciding on which is more versatile, the bourbon or brown burnished.
I went with the brown burnished. very happy. If the sale is still going on, 2nds are 169

Last edited:

SimplyLime

Reaction score

I went with the brown burnished. very happy. If the sale is still going on, 2nds are 169

Also getting mora 2.0 seconds in bourbon. Once i get it ill post pics asap. Ordered on friday

Did you get Mora 2 seconds? What were the flaws?

Want to know this too so i know what to expect on mine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads