1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

Old post, I know. But, I just placed an order for a pair of merlot Boardroom from the ShoeBank for $129.

1 person likes this.
  2. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

Here are the brown Oak Streets. I love the way they look.
    I bought them at the Jeffersonville outlet, and haven't found any obvious flaw. There's no marking on the sole either.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

Just flying out of New Orleans. Made time to visit the Canal Place AE store. Some very nice ladies working there. Business seemed brisk. No shell on the floor, but some for a customer in the back. No apparent sign of our SF brethren there. I was checking out everyone's shoes.

Edit: I`m perusing the Shoebank and see that Aberdeens are currently $159. I have a pair that I use as wet weather shoes and absolutely love them.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  4. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Agree with you on the Aberdeens. I use them for the same purposes.

Another tip: When I bought them, the Brooks Aberdeens were cheaper than the AE ones. The Brooks ones don't show up in the shoebank so you have to call your outlet SA. This may have changed so YMMV.

5. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

If anyone is thinking about it definitely do it. I sent off a well used pair of boots that I got for cheap on eBay and they were ready ahead of schedule and look great. I had them put the works on it (prestige package) and add Dainite soles. The deep creases are gone, which was a big issue, although the more persistent ones remain. They even took a couple digital photos so that I could see the before and after (see below). The only problem was that they were delivered too fast. I was out of town and had to schedule a later delivery date.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Brown Dynamite

Brown Dynamite Senior member

Wow, those are great results. I won't have any hesitation to send my shoes in when necessary! Although, since following this thread, my rotation has gotten bigger than I could have ever imagined so it'll be a while!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  7. Caustic Man

I hear you, same for me. Fortunately shoes are an obsession that wives instinctually understand so I don't have to explain myself too much.

8. Brown Dynamite

Brown Dynamite Senior member

Hahaha. Hopefully (at least) a 1:1 ratio will keep her from giving you too much flack!

9. LanceM

LanceM Senior member

I was there Friday and Saturday. I has some shell held for me for sizing purposes. They rarely have cordovan on hand.

10. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

Mac'ed my new Dundees today - brush, cloth buff, stocking buff. No product. I'm still getting some brown on the dry buffing cloth. They're starting to get that glow:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I almost don't want to wear them

1 person likes this.
  11. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

Do the JAB models come in different widths?

12. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

Yes, the JAB models come in B, D, E, EEE.

13. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

14. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

@abc5

What color is that?

15. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

Those look great! I'll have to really consider those Dainite soles next time i'm due for a recraft, they look really nice with the Dalton.

16. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Whoever dubbed the oxblood Dalton as sexy was spot on...what a great combo.

Anyone see oxblood with any weld or edge dressing other than black.....black goes perfect with it but was curious.

17. tb43

tb43 Senior member

Agreed..have the oxblood dalton and was really thinking about changing it to natural..so if anybody does this first let me know!

18. Caustic Man

I have heard really great things about them. These are going to be my snow boots next winter so I'll have to wait and see how much traction they really give you.

19. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Oxblood is basically cherry calfskin that has been heavily burnished with black. I think this lends itself extremely well to a black welt and edge. I hemmed and hawed about edges and welts when I did my First Ave MTO in Oxblood but ultimately decided that black would be best. I still think it would be.

Oxblood doesn't have the brown tones that Dark Chili does, and so I don't think the brown edges or welts would complement it quite as nicely as the black edge and welt.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  20. rostov

rostov Senior member

They already have. I believe the only styles that you won't find on the website or stores are the Roadwarriors, but they're in the latest print catalog and on the shoebank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.