1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vmss

vmss Senior member

Just received my new AE bleecker street bob chili from the clearance sale $220. I must say I am very impressed at the quality and design of this shoes especially for the $220 price deal.

I would never pay more than $500 for a Goodyear gemmed shoes, but in this price range, I must say this is a great value for your money. They fit and look perfect.

I don't understand why AE closed out this model. I must say is one of the best shoes AE made right.

I am very happy to receive the shoes in mint condition, as I don't live in the US. So to return the shoes would not be a great choice, if received in bad condition.

I must say this is a great well balanced shoe company.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  2. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

I don't think I've ever met a shell Dalton pic I didn't like

3. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

@Indyoshi68 that is crazy how different the colors are...that dark brown is killer

4. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

5. LanceM

LanceM Senior member

Wow the dark brown look great!

6. rostov

rostov Senior member

JAB sale is still on. All style for $258.75, including the Boardroom. This is an AE captoe similar to the Park Avenue, but on the 97 last.

7. bdavro23

bdavro23 Senior member

And dont forget the Nathan, which is the Fifth Ave, but on the 108. Honestly, the JAB shoes are great and get you some classic shoes on more interesting lasts. I dont know why AE puts almost everything cool on the 65 last.

8. 22busy

22busy Senior member

The Carlyle is a great fit on me and is my favorite pair of shoes I own. I'll have to look into this Jos A Bank shoe.

9. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

The ShoeBank also has the Boardroom for $149. The 97 last fits my feet much better than he 65 last, and I might replace my Brooks Brothers Park Ave. with the Boardroom.

10. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Senior member

My milkshake suede Leeds came arrived today. I'm happy with them for chinos and jeans. Nice casual shoe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

Surely I wasn't the only one wearing my olive green shoes today. At. Patrick's Day was made for Neumoks and Rush Streets.

12. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

I wore green shell patriots.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  13. Al Dente

Al Dente Senior member

I had been using the stock laces on my Chromexcel Long Branch boots and thought they were pretty cool and unique. They are closer to plastic than cotton, and after 5-6 wears, they were really tearing up the tongue. Making matters worse, the tongue seems to want to shift, which brought the brogueing into the abrasive killzone. I used some neatsfoot oil and it seemed to help a little, but it became clear the laces were going to chew up the boot. I bought some flat cotton laces for my Bourbon Daltons (that still have yet to arrive), and put them in the Long Branch. I think they look decent, and should be easier on the tongue. The laces were marketed as replacements for the Alden Indy boot.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Mctavish in grey is on sale at the shoe bank for $87

15. bdavro23

bdavro23 Senior member

Quote:Has anyone dyed grey AE's to mid brown or thereabouts? I am reasonably set for shoe purchases at the moment, but some of the prices bring projects like this into the realm of required!

16. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Went with some new fat boy laces in the bayfields...man these boots need a good cleaning.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  17. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Brown shell Dundees today, without hesitation I would buy these in burgundy if they pop up in 8.5D on Club Monaco for 30% off (size wasn't available on the last sale). One of my fav models from AE.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

I wore my olive Rush Streets!

19. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Looks good...I think my red round laces that came with my Waxy Brown LB will stay on them till they die. I like the flat brown though with the golden CXL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.