1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Burgundy shell Daltons today:

[​IMG]

2. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

My meager but well-loved AE shell collection:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Think I need some black shell. Maybe a boot?

PS: plenty of calf, cow, and suede not represented here, feeling jealous lol

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Great collection!

4. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

A Rogue based boot would be a great idea, I think!

5. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Burzan - regarding the rogue, somehow I told you so, just doesn't quite say it [​IMG]

6. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

Would this be AE's first perforated captoe blucher boot? [​IMG] Treading on some uncharted territory (one small step for AE, one giant leap for shoe-mankind...)!!! Will somebody photoshop a Dalton or LB shaft onto these shoes, for Pete's sake?!? [​IMG]

7. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

8. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

Similar to these beauties from C&J (pic not mine):

[​IMG]

9. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

Just acquired a pair of Graysons on eBay for $75...

[​IMG]

Are these calf or shell? Code inside the shoes: 8287 4656

10. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Those are shell - 8287 is the shell Grayson code.

11. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Dang! Congrats on that buy @LEgoiste !!

12. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Speaking of shell - wore the brown shell Strands today and decided to hit them up with some Bick 4 since I was really impressed with how the Bick 4 worked for conditioning navy shell Dundees.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

Thanks for the info. I actually acquired another pair of Graysons on eBay last month, which was a little bit snug on the vamp, and has the code 8297 -- its leather looks and feels different, like patent leather.

Thanks! I don't think the seller that I bought it from knew or cared that they're shell.

14. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Wow - which C&J model is this?

15. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

@JSO1 those look nice and juicy! Do you then apply something else to bring the shine back? Or does it come back naturally? Or do you prefer a more matt look? I think I'm gonna get some for my brown Kenilworths. I've got this happening on one side/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

I wipe down with a damp cloth, brush, apply a blob of Bick 4 to each shoe with a cloth, rub the Bick 4 into the shoe with that cloth, let the shoes soak up the Bick 4, then I give it a little brush once more, and then I buff them vigorously until they shine again.

The shell is quite non-porous but seems to happily take in the Bick 4. It doesn't clean so much as condition, so if you're trying to get the factory gunk off the shoes you should use another product. Personally I decided not to get the factory finish off on either pair of shell I own, so I just use the Mac method most of the time, and hit them with Bick 4 when they need it (if they've got rain welts or have some dry patches coming up).

17. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Would you mind listing out all your shoes again just in case people miss this? Can tell you're not one to show off. Anyway, I've been to San Francisco enough times so I can't believe the temperature will get above high 60s, but I guess anything's possible. Forget the sperrys and sebagos - that's east coast stuff for you and me, not west coast - like I said in an earlier post, I also had those sperry gold cup beefroll pennys and they were really good, liked them a lot. Your RL sanderson and singleton kick ass, I would go for that, and the Shaker Heights as the boots. In SF last two times I was there, boots were sort of big, as were Toms - but don't think you want to hear that. A lot of people wore athletic/running/hiking sneakers instead of fancy stuff, at least the people I was with. I vaguely remember the last time I was there I wore my Redwing Beckmans almost all the time.

18. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Kind of random, but following your lead from the Cooke, decided to hit up the local NRs and this is what I found, if anyone is interested - 1.) many pairs of Cahills; 2.) a really badly refinished acorn Neumok; 3.) many pairs of Fairfax; 4.) An olive colored boardwalk; 5.) the dark brown crackle McTavish; 6.) grey Black Hills; 7.) Brown/merlot presidio; 8.) blue/white baton rouge; 9.) brown maxfield; 10.) black delray. Nothing in my size and you definitely had to recognize the shoes on your own (they were not even in AE boxes) but NR does in fact carry these.

19. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

20. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

I saw it on eBay/SF when they were for sale and I considered getting them. Looks like they never released them. If they did now, It would be like a $550~$600 calfskin boot assuming current independence shoe prices!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.