1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

I definitely wouldn't size up for a LB. 1/2 size down maybe. The LB is extremely roomy for most when going TTS.

2. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Chili Daltons today.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. abc5

abc5 Active Member

4. LeviMay

LeviMay Well-Known Member

I would agree with this. Definitely the most generous of my 1-Lasted shoes/boots.

5. ultravisitor

ultravisitor Well-Known Member

Am I crazy for wanting a pair of Kirkwoods? I really need a new pair of boat shoes, but I'm not sure I want to spend for Quoddy--especially when that brand has been a hard fit for me in the past and I know I will be able to try on and probably fit a pair of AEs with much more ease. I mean, I'm not a fan of buying from the DR line, but fit and price are motivating factors...

6. mrfixit

mrfixit Well-Known Member

ive seen this reported often. I had the opposite experience. My usual 10D was snug. I had to size up.

7. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Well-Known Member

I have to disagree- definitely do not 1/2 size down in the LB unless you want your toes to touch the end of the boots.
    I must share that I have a perfect fit in 11 1/2 D 5 last shoes(PA, Strand, Bleecker St.) as well as 108 last and 333 last shoes( Mora, University). In the Daltons and the Long Branch, I have to have a 12D. The 511 last runs SHORT compared to the others. The Long Branch has a little wider fit due to being actually made on the 511G last. I got fooled into getting an 11 1/2 in the Long Branch by just such comments as the "roominess " of the Long Branch, and I wore it 3 or 4 times ultimately realizing the discomfort was due to them being too small. I bought a 12D Long Branch and have been much more comfortable and happy!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  8. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Well-Known Member

Are those Chili Daltons 11 1/2 or 12 D's?

9. harlequin782

harlequin782 Well-Known Member

Are these burnished / "bob's chili?...and if so, could you please post more pics of them if you have them.

10. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

11. catlettsl

catlettsl Well-Known Member

What is the AE version of the Singleton loafer?

12. catlettsl

catlettsl Well-Known Member

What is the AE version of the Ralph Lauren Singleton loafer?

13. rostov

rostov Well-Known Member

There are actually only TWO pairs of Amoks left at the shoebank and only one pair is in Tan Suede (15 E). The other pair is Brogue Suede in 9.5 B.

@Indyoshi68 - I agree the Navy suede will be easiest to match and loafers go better with shorts. However, my counter-arguments are that:

A) The stone suede McGregors are sexy
    B) Regarding the Players... you've got a limited time here to buy a Sand/Buck SWB from AE. You don't know when they'll do this again as a stock make-up, although you could order an MTO'ed Stone Suede SWB with AE right now if you don't mind Comfort-line...)

I want a pair too for much the same reason, but I'm pretty set for summer now.

14. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Well-Known Member

I just ordered some of the suede Leeds. I've been looking for an off white suede PTB, and these were a good price for firsts.

I purchased these about a month ago from the Shoebank. Sent them back without even trying them on. The shoes weren't even the same color. Granted they were seconds, but these shouldn't have qualified for thirds. First pair of seconds I've ever returned. Besides the shoes being off color, I thought they were pretty ugly as well. Usually AE shoes look better in person than in pics, but not the case with these.

15. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Good to know about those Neumoks, figured something major had to be going on.

16. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Well-Known Member

I'm a 10 E on the 5 last. Would 10.5 D on the Long Branch be too snug on the sides if I wear thick socks?

17. forbritisheyes

forbritisheyes Well-Known Member

So what things are causing the irregular creasing? especially on the toe cap?

18. mreams99

mreams99 Well-Known Member

The only shoe repair store in town closed when the owner passed away. I'm thinking about ordering a sole protector and installing it myself. (I used to do a lot of leatherwork in my younger days, so I think I can do it, even though I've never done this.)
    Has anyone here done this themself?
    How did it go?

19. NewYawker

NewYawker Well-Known Member

Been a while for these:

[​IMG]

Tan suede amok.

1 person likes this.
  20. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Well-Known Member

Can anyone comment on the width-fitment of the Amok? That 15e is tempting if they usually run narrow like the Gobi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.