• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiker

Reaction score
Jos A Bank is having another site wide sale. Shoe trees are available for $10 a pair. A lot of folks missed out on the last sale (including myself) so this is another chance to get shoe trees at the cheap. I got 10 pairs this time
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Just making sure. For 10D or 9.5E I am supposed to order medium?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its weird, it seems like whenever other shoemakers do the chisel toe thing, its considered so fashion forward and contemporary and sleek etc...and then allen edmonds who is widely reputed to have unsleek lasts, does something very similar in the 333 last and suddenly that last shape is now said to be to be wholly unattractive...lol

Im not crazy about chisel toes in general, but I think the 333 last is a pretty good attempt by allen edmonds

IMO other manufactures have refined the look and thus are able to execute the design better. When I thin of AE or Alden, I think of contemporary American designs. I applaud their effort to try new things it just is not for me. However plenty of their designs are and thus the reason why AE appeals to a broad customer base.

Agree completely with you bespoken pa. AE's attempt at a chisel on the 3 last fails because it lacks any of the softness and refinement that other manufacturers have achieved. Frankly, I like the discontinued zero last more than I like the current 3 last.

3549657673_060174d0eb.jpg

Last edited:

tigerpac

Reaction score
Stopped by AE in Rock Center yesterday - didn't have my size in bourbon but upshot, Mora 2.0en route from the factory, should be here midweek. Pics to follow.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been in and out of a bunch of AE's but the calf Strand remains my favorite, even above my shell Strands

David Copeland

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have the strands in 10 EEE and toe forefront (toebox and everything) is just great, but the heels are way too roomy. What AE last has a wide front part, but a narrower heel part?
If you are not near a local Nordstrom or AE store that has other sizes in stock where they can perform a free "professional fitting", your best bet is to call AE Customer Service and have a very careful discussion about your measured size. They have a free downloadable size chart for you to use in your home. Be ready to use your credit card for a second new pair at a slightly different size so that you can try sizes on through the mail. My last purchase was a mystery, and I ended up purchasing a best guess based on their recommendation, and returned the one that did not fit right - keeping the one that did fit.

All my best,

David

Complimentary hardback edition of the Allen Edmonds Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads