1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forbritisheyes

forbritisheyes Senior member

Thank you, peppercorn. Is the April sale as steep as the Rediscover America promotion in October?

2. csc67

csc67 Senior member

With the New 201 last coming out recently, does anyone have a picture of the Strand and Rogue next to each other?

3. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Wearing black Allen-Edmonds for Brooks Brothers Strands today.....

[​IMG]

4. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Nearly certain that the Carlyle will be included in the April sale. The McAllister will also be on sale then.

No, the RDA sale is the biggest AE does.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  5. forbritisheyes

Aw, that's surprising. The lowest I saw the strand go is $325 last year. Please let me know if what I saw was not accurate.

6. iamelroberto

iamelroberto Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hey guys,

I bought these a month or so ago and never really acknowledged the bowing just a slightly large fit. But now looking at it that's probably the cause of it. Anything I can do at this point?

7. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

I don't recall but that seems right. The McAllister can definitely be had for a lower price than the Strand during the various sales. I don't recall Nordstrom's anniversary sale pricing in July though.

8. rostov

rostov Senior member

The RDA sale has the most shoes on sale, but is not always the deepest discount. Some shoes such as the McAllister are on deeper discount during the Anniversary Sale than during the RDA sale, at least based on 2014. In 2014, the McAllister was $259 during the AS, and $327 during RDA. The Strand didn't go nearly as low, but at that point, the "free MTO" program was still active and one could pickup and MTO a Rush St in calf for $259; but those days are gone, now.

Also, some styles do not always make it from spring through to the RDA sale. By that point, some styles might be clearance and available in limited sizes. The Anniversary Sale and the Father's Day sale are a good time to pick up spring and summer shoes as firsts, on discount, especially if you wish to wear them this season (of course), or if you wish to do an MTO (which is not available for clearance styles).

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  9. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Fair enough, although there are only a few models that would be cheaper in April than in October. Perhaps the McAllister, Carlyle, Lexington, and other dress welts on sale in April will be better to buy then than to wait until the RDA. But the vast majority of the lineup will not be on sale at all in April, but will all be on sale in varying degrees in October. So yes, some discounts in Aprio might be steeper, but overall the RDA is a much broader sale.

10. forbritisheyes

Thank you for the information, guys @rostov . I will pick up a burgundy/oxblood McAllister next month then.

Do the associates get commission if I call into a particular store?

11. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Where did you buy them from? If AE direct then you probably can exchange them

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Nice looking shoes gents......ugh can not wait for the warm weather....

And winter's last kick in the nuts....my pool imploded on itself....terrific!

13. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Here ya go @csc67. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. iamelroberto

iamelroberto Well-Known Member

But I've used them and polished them etc

15. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

16. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

[​IMG]
    A rainy day called for non-leather soles. These are an older pair of shoes made by Cheaney. I'm not 100% certain, but I think that these are made of water bison.

17. ultravisitor

ultravisitor Senior member

I got the walnut Strand during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale for $240+tax.

18. forbritisheyes

I should have been more specific :] The lowest I saw it go in other colors was ~$325. The Walnut Strand always has the steepest discount IIRC.

19. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Nice!

20. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

Thanks for posting this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.