1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Those shoes look great..

have you tried the B34 last yet? My foot is similar to yours though I have a widening in the foot south of the ball joint foot area. I find the B34 for casual wear a nice last.

The Odenwald I really think could become a great stock item base for them to always release new builds of....I think it would be stellar in a variety of leathers, leather and suede combos. They could add a cap toe on to this boot...they could also turn this into a regular height boot. Adding some extra eyelets would be a good feature too.

Offering that boot in some rough out Kudu or Chamois would also be killer.... Of course this means they will discontinue soon...lol

2. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I have not tried the B34 last, is the Odenwald one of the only things on it? It looks like a pretty nice shape indeed.

3. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

So all my talk about lasts and numbers, sarcastic humor, inability to read people's reactions correctly and non-stop references to sci-fi made you think I worked for AE? Master Kenobi, you disappoint me, surely you can do better....

I just happened to be in the retail store when someone brought back a pair (can't remember, but think it was the strand) that had that problem - SAs took it back without question. Weird coincidence I guess, but I always sort of happen to be somewhere to be witness to these things - I'll give you a great example. Was walking by a Payless store in a mall about a month ago and, absolutely no joke, I saw a guy in his 60s saying to a saleswoman that he wanted to buy his wife a pair of shoes and that he would try them on for her. I had to stop to watch this, it was too good. He took off his dress loafers and I could see he had on pantyhose or some kind of nylon stockings underneath, and he proceeded to try on like 3 pairs of high heel pumps. I was shocked beyond when the saleswoman didn't even bat an eye of disapproval, etc. she acted like the whole thing was perfectly normal. I guess that's why I could never work in retail.

4. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Speaking of being in the AE store, I just saw a guy returning a pair of Darmstadt. Not particularly relevant to your post, but it is on that last.

5. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Interesting, the B34 last footbed is a great shape but that toe box is just so rugged and work boot styled.

6. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

7. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

If the 65 works for you, may I ask why not the Black Hills? For casual shoes I would probably rank them as one of my best pairs ever - the 65 gives them a nice sleek look and I find them extremely comfortable.

8. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

9. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Love it but have the burgundy Leeds, the PTB from Alden in Whiskey, natty CXL and the Alden #8 Dover on the way. Just too many PTB in my collection at the moment.

Come to think of it the Oak Steet in natural CXL might be a good choice on the 5 last.

10. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Here are the two - the 65 last is much more tapered at the toe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Both are really nice, but these are truly a thing of beauty:
    [​IMG]

No idea why they would discontinue these.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  12. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

The most shocking part of this story is... why the hell were you so close to a payless shoes? lol

2 people like this.
  13. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Gimme a break :) I was at the Pheasant Lane in NH - Target is the anchor store and Payless is right next to it; I was on my way over to A&F (go on, bring on the hate, but then tell me where else someone the same height as Willow can get relatively inexpensive stuff like polos and oxfords without going on a scavenger hunt for XS).

14. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

hahaha, just getting you all riled up [​IMG]

15. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

Question for someone more knowledgeable than I. It won't take much. The Rush Street and the Strandmok are both casual versions of the Strand. Both made on the 65, and both with Dainite. They are now only listing brown chromexcel in the Rush Street. Does anyone know if they are planning to discontinue the Rush Street completely, because if so, I want to grab a pair. I like them so much better than the tan Strandmok.

16. LanceM

LanceM Senior member

With all this talk about the fit with the independence lining, I wish I could try your Jeffersons on. If they fit I'd pick them up in a heart beat. Wish I could've been around when they were offering the web gem. I would've ordered two sizes and figured out which fit the best. My 8.5D/E with independence lining conundrum. Ugh.

17. rostov

rostov Senior member

[​IMG]

On my own feet this time. Taking them out for the first time.

18. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Because those look pretty awful ...

19. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

They're from the Jurassic Collection...

20. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.