• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did we ever straighten out what last the Macneil 5 is on?

Since the initial confusion, everything I have seen indicates they are indeed on the 5 last. I will clarify this with my SA at the time I order them, since I go down a half-size on the 7 as compared to the 5.

cincikid

Reaction score

Since the initial confusion, everything I have seen indicates they are indeed on the 5 last.  I will clarify this with my SA at the time I order them, since I go down a half-size on the 7 as compared to the 5.

The email I got from AE the other day clearly says they are on the 5 last.

Rookie428

Reaction score
Switched out my stock brown laces for a fatter blue lace for casual Friday; seems like a good time for a 'Rock Your Socks' cross post, too!

Happy Friday, gents!

Two thumbs up! Those laces look very nice. Mind if I ask where you bought the laces? size and thickness?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since the initial confusion, everything I have seen indicates they are indeed on the 5 last. I will clarify this with my SA at the time I order them, since I go down a half-size on the 7 as compared to the 5.

The email I got from AE the other day clearly says they are on the 5 last.

Sounds great! I like the 5 last on my foot.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
The maiden voyage of the chili Daltons I bought in the 2-for-$250 sale. Because of the rainy early spring weather in New York, I haven't had the opportunity to do much more than try them on before now. This is my first pair of dress boots, and I love how they look with jeans. I'm between inseam sizes, so having higher boots helps disguise when my inseams are (arguably) too high.

mavrik13

Reaction score
Anyone have mctavish in the brown distressed? I decided to exchange my ridgeway (just too much orange for a bus casual shoe for me). I like the cognac color but don't think that mctavish would be included in the 2 for 250. But the brown is, I just haven't seen many pics so don't know how the color will work. But for 125 I guess it still a good but

They are very casual. If you're looking for a casual shoe, they will be great. I would have bought a pair if they had some in my size. IIRC, they run a little large.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys like to wear your Leeds?

Basically with anything aside from a full suit?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys like to wear your Leeds?

Basically with anything aside from a full suit?

Yep pretty much. Chinos, jeans, cords, basically any colors work too. Really looking forward to my burgundy shell Macneils as they should serve to be just as versatile.

Last edited:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The maiden voyage of the chili Daltons I bought in the 2-for-$250 sale. Because of the rainy early spring weather in New York, I haven't had the opportunity to do much more than try them on before now. This is my first pair of dress boots, and I love how they look with jeans. I'm between inseam sizes, so having higher boots helps disguise when my inseams are (arguably) too high.

Nice. How much you get em for? And where they 2nds or 1sts? There's a pair I'm negotiating with a store for. I feel ya on the inseams. I tried out some shorter chinos and they def only work with high boots. Lesson learned. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rodaman

Reaction score

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep pretty much. Chinos, jeans, cords, basically any colors work too. Really looking forward to my burgundy shell Macneils as they should serve to be just as versatile.

Would wearing worsted wool pants work with Leeds?

Biggquis

Reaction score
Can these be repaired? Any estimate on cost? They're currently going for $40 on EBAY. Merlot colored McAllisters.... In great shape aside from the obvious

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_12.JPG

tjyoung

Reaction score
Few weeks ago. Navy PA

So just picked up a pair of 'grey cloud' park aves for the purpose of dying them. Do you have detailed instructions for how you got yours to be this navy color? I would like to do something similar.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Can these be repaired? Any estimate on cost? They're currently going for $40 on EBAY. Merlot colored McAllisters.... In great shape aside from the obvious

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_12.JPG

Pretty sure those are not McAllisters, I think they are called the McClain or something like that. The bar of perforations along the laces go down to the Vamp on the McAllister. On this shoe, it flairs outward before it hits the vamp. Note, it also does not have pinking (jagged edges), small holes with the broguing (just the big ones, not the standard 5 hole (4 small+1 big), and not perforations around the throat (similar to the Jefferson).

Pretty certain they are these guys (but obviosuly burgundy or merlot):
http://www.josbank.com/menswear/sho...1&CAWELAID=1012154903&ddkey=http:ReferralView

No clue on if those are repairable, but I would avoid them personally... :-/

-Mike

Last edited:

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
Nice. How much you get em for? And where they 2nds or 1sts? There's a pair I'm negotiating with a store for.

I feel ya on the inseams. I tried out some shorter chinos and they def only work with high boots. Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
These are seconds, but the flaws are really minor. I got them for $125 in the two-for-$250 sale a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads