1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Anyone have the Mcgregor in stone suede? Please post some pics

2. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Shoebank in 13D...Brown Long Branch for $127

3. chrisleduc1

chrisleduc1 Active Member

I'm a 12D in the 5 last. How do the long branch fit?

4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Technically "cordovan" is an older (like from the 70s) term for the color burgundy, as classically shell was only offered in #8. But yeah, he is trying to trick you.

As some products like kiwi wax in burgundy are still labeled "cordovan color," he can claim innocence. But really, he knows what he's doing.

Always look for the words "shell cordovan." And pay close attention to the creases in the pictures. When in doubt, post the link here and ask for advice.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. gpension

gpension Member

Yes, exactly what I wanted. Just like the regent streets! Thanks soooo much!

7. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

Thank you. I'm trying to track down a pair now.

8. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

9. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I bought the Brooks Brothers version a few months ago. It is the exact same leather color (which is easily the best of the 3 colors AE has used for the Shaker Heights boot) but the navy/red/green tartan pattern instead of the tweed. I was a little hesitant about even wearing them out in public, but have gotten consistent compliments on them (and I'm being serious, I've worn them 4 times and have had ~10 people comment on how cool/nice looking they are). I work as a resident physician in an outpatient-based specialty, and my usual outfit is chinos + button-up shirt, no tie (with white coat). In the winter I usually put a sweater over this. I don't have any fit pics, but I've generally been rocking navy or dark khaki colored chinos with a grey or navy sweater (obviously not the navy pants/sweater together) and a button-up underneath. In my opinion, it looks fantastic, but then again my office is not very stuffy and the dress code is such that wearing a sport coat or suit would be majorly out of place. So if you're looking to wear them in a more formal setting, I'm not sure what the best advice is.

10. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

I got a pair of seconds in this week. Give me a little while and I'll take some pics.

1 person likes this.
  11. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Navy

12. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Cascades for this Saturday.
    [​IMG]

Chris

1 person likes this.
  13. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I like the navy. I don't really care for the natural finish on the edge of the sole.
    How do you think it would look with chili edge dressing?

14. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

This is such a stellar model....the eyestays nlike the EC/ER and Bayfield are the perfect length down the boot which does not cause the bottom part of the eyelet flap to curl up...If you put this design on the B34 (Odenwald) last it would be KILLER for MTOs

15. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

OK, fired up the good camera for you! Luckily the battery still had some charge in it.

I'm guessing the reason these were seconds is the right shoe is not centered. Otherwise, they're very nice. Especially for $157. One thing I noticed in the third picture: the tongue is stitched to the vamp. Couldn't see that in the picture on the shoe bank site.

The 65 last fits me well, but I am on the fence about keeping these because I'm feeling a slight bit of heel slip in these. The blue AE socks I'm wearing are not very thin, maybe medium weight, and I feel a little motion even with the laces cinched tight. I've run my finger across the lining, and it's very smooth/slick compared to my others (Bleecker, Black Hills, Cambridge, and Randolph). I'd say the Randolph's lining is almost as smooth as the Mcgregor's.

Does anyone know if suede linings are different than for leathers?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

@richiep

Thank you for the quick response. How do you like the look of them? I'm also on the fence but with the price being $157, I might just pull the trigger

17. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Sometimes I wonder what it's like to not crease shoes like @mdubs haha, thankfully I do really like the look of rolls too. These are about a year old and might have the most wears out of anything I own. More rolls with each wear as the cordovan continues to age and soften.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I think that would look pretty good as well. I could see that working

Why rush street and not other models?

19. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Intentionally un-spoilered because these are awesome. Rolls/creases give character, especially on boots. Enjoy them.
    I bought some Olive Rush Streets on clearance but wasn't happy with the leather quality so I returned them. Otherwise I thought they'd be perfect with jeans.

20. Fifthand

Fifthand Member

I'm glad some have had better success. I've tried the Shoebank three times now and all three went back. I've essentially given up on the the Shoebank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.