• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
Toronto Members,

Where did you guys get your belts to match your walnut strand and color chili? I don't feel to spend $100 bucks on a belt from AE.

Yes I'm asking for a bargain here. No flames
shog[1].gif
The Allen Edmonds outlets usually have them for $49 or so. You can find similarly colored belts elsewhere if you look around, but if you need one quickly or don't have a less expensive store near you, the outlets are a good way to save $40 or so.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
These are my new Elgin seconds. There's a sort of dimple or indentation on the right shoe, between the toe cap and the throat, but I don't think people will be able to notice it, especially after a few polishes and some wear. What do you guys think?

Also, these are my first pair of dress boots, also purchased at the seconds sale. I've never owned dress boots before, but at $125, these seemed like a good place to start. They also had tan suede Amoks in my size, but I already have dark brown suede desert boots, so I couldn't justify buying a pair that would occupy a similar niche in my wardrobe.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You got Walnut Daltons in the 2 for 250 sale??

Scottyb06

Reaction score
These are my new Elgin seconds. There's a sort of dimple or indentation on the right shoe, between the toe cap and the throat, but I don't think people will be able to notice it, especially after a few polishes and some wear. What do you guys think?

I will offer you this: My understanding is that the Elgin is basically the same shoe as the McTavish but with a Strand style vs. the McAllister style. I own the McTavish in natural tan and the shoe's "rough" leather doesn't age the same way as my other AEs - it looks much more rough and casual and hides blemishes more easily. As well, you are supposed to use saddle soap on them - not polish - to treat the leather. The saddle soap also seems to make them look rough. Point is that after a few wears and treating them with saddle soap you will barely notice this. I would keep them if you have a need for such a style. I considered ordering a pair of Elgins but they're too close of a style to what I already have :)

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy suit
Royal blue sox
Shell Brown Strands

froggy41

Reaction score

Also, these are my first pair of dress boots, also purchased at the seconds sale. I've never owned dress boots before, but at $125, these seemed like a good place to start. They also had tan suede Amoks in my size, but I already have dark brown suede desert boots, so I couldn't justify buying a pair that would occupy a similar niche in my wardrobe.
Great pickup, how did you manage to get these Daltons in the 2 for 250 sale?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't all Strands brogues? Do you mean Snuff Suede Strands? Or Navy Strands? I'm confused.

For some reason AE refers to the Brown suede Strands as Brogue for color...I was a tad confused when I ordered mine during the sale...on a side note I am starting to think I have too many shoes with wingtips, cap toes, stitching etc...I unpacked my Brown Suede Strands and my wife chirped in all your shoes look the same...LOL Actually getting 4 or 5 pairs of black AE shoes ready for sale.

colonelk2

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-NOS-Vi...1617546?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1e893ede0a

Hey guys, I was looking at this shoe.

I am currently wearing a long branch in size 15D and it seems pretty comfortable.. How would a size 15C on this #6 last compare? I'm highly considering buying this shoe, because as you can imagine it is nearly impossible to find quality shoes in my size, and this seems like a steal.

Thanks.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-NOS-Vi...1617546?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1e893ede0a

Hey guys, I was looking at this shoe.

I am currently wearing a long branch in size 15D and it seems pretty comfortable.. How would a size 15C on this #6 last compare? I'm highly considering buying this shoe, because as you can imagine it is nearly impossible to find quality shoes in my size, and this seems like a steal.

Thanks.

For that price - I would give it a try - if they are a touch snug have them stretched

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
The Riverhead outlet had them in my size! I wear a 15 (or, on occasion, 14D), so it might be that seconds and discontinued shoes remain in outlets longer because there are fewer customers who wear that size. The downside to wearing that is that many makers don't go that large, except for special orders.

Great pickup, how did you manage to get these Daltons in the 2 for 250 sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads