1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

I like your make up, Chris; is it am MTO? I found a Brown "midsole" on mine when cleaning up the edges... Lubed them up and tossed some wax on the toes and heel for some help with salt. Glad I grabbed them. Cleaned up nice. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LordRasta

LordRasta Well-Known Member

Eagle Rivers all shined up and ready for church tomorrow.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Not an MTO - these were from a few years ago before they offered the all brown version. My style number is 6144

Chris

4. k4sh1n

k4sh1n New Member

noob question here...

If I get a larger width (from D to E or EE) does the entire shoe get more width including the toe area? I have a brooks brothers fifth avenue that I just returned and was size 9D. It was definitely too narrow. It was hard to put on and toes felt a little squeezed (wdith-wise, there was maybe 1/4" room length-wise). Just thinking if I should go for a 9EE or a 9.5 D.

5. tb43

tb43 Senior member

The 5 last is super tricky until you find the right size. Most people go down a half size in length and up one in width. 1/4 of an inch from the end of the shoe sounds like it's too short also, how about a 9.5E?

6. P12OFIT

P12OFIT Senior member

This is exactly what I did. I measure just about 9D on the brannock but my Park Avenues are 8.5E.

7. randomnoob

randomnoob Senior member

the tip of my 2nd toe is right on the 7.5 E line on the AE foot measurer you can print out, so i rounded up to 8 E. i bought a Park Avenue and found that 7.5 EE was the best choice. would have wanted to try 7 EEE too, but i think it would look too short and fat

8. delmar

delmar Senior member

More poor quality photo booth photos. A recent ebay score: new old stock double zipper Kingston boots. These have got to be at least twenty years old but they are pristine. I saw the listing and I pounced on the buy-it-now price, I didn't want to take a chance on trying to get them cheaper by bidding and then losing them. About $105.00, shipped.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. tb43

tb43 Senior member

I went on the website to see if the warwick was going to come out in Oxblood anytime soon (I hope it does), and I saw this thumbnail image on the side of the website! Isn't this strange? Shoe is not available in oxblood but the thumbnail is showing that color..

[​IMG]

10. BoxSRS60

BoxSRS60 Well-Known Member

Yep. If I am going to pay full price, then I'll just go to one of the local stores to get the shoes. If I'm going to order clearance or from shoebank, then before I order I go try on shoes made on the same last to try to get the size right for ordering. Thanks for the heads up though.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  11. INMustang

INMustang Member

Thanks a lot.

12. rostov

rostov Senior member

My own distressed teak Ashbury. Not sure if I used anything on them at that point, but I use Lexol conditioner with these. Pretty much a dinosaur of a photo, I don't own either of the PAs or Strands pictured anymore... and the Ashbury will go as soon as I wear through the soles (or sooner).

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here are my Cascade's in black/brown.
    They cleaned up pretty nicely.

2 people like this.
  14. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I bought those Cascades on eBay ($35) thinking they'd be good to wear for things like walking the dogs on these sloppy days. After cleaning them up, now I think they look too nice to treat like that.

1 person likes this.
  15. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Wow they cleaned up great..I personally have a fear of the padded ankle strip as when I was young i just seem to remeber that piece tearing a ripping all the time...lol sort of like throwing up Jaegermeister...and never drinking it again.

I would love them to introduce those boots again maybe on the B34 last...how is the height on that boot? sort of like Alden Indy?

16. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I have never seen them next to each other, but the Cascade does not look as tall as the Indy to me.

17. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

Those do look nice - like the contrast!

18. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

@mreams99 - Great get on those boots! I agree, too nice for the dog duty. Enjoy them!

All - Has anyone tried the new AE Premium Leather Conditioner yet? I just bought some and intend on trying it out today. At $14.95 for 1.5 oz., it's virtually the same price as Saphir Renovateur. I use both VSC and SR regularly, so I'll look for a noticeable difference / benefit to the new AE product.

[​IMG]

It is closer to VSC in consistency than to SR, but not quite the same. It also has a unique smell / odor, which is different from the other 2 products. Since it's considerably more expensive than VSC, it will have to be very impressive to unseat that product in my mind. I paid under $30 for 32 oz. of VSC from Fore Supply Co.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  19. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

@FatTuesday I have had it for a month or so just have not used it on anything yet....can not wait to hear what you think.

20. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

They finally managed to break my will...the bob's chili Dalton was the straw that broke the harlequin's pockets...

Fyi, i was told by my AE SA that the full slate of new releases in expanded color options will be available after the clearance sale is over and they have cleared out last year's stock...so that oxblood warwick should be available soon, if this is true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.