• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

devastitis

Reaction score

I'm also looking to add the Manistee belts (bourbon and walnut) to match the shoe collections.  When is a good time to get them? AE Anny sale? Nordstrom Half year sale?

Anyone has experience with the 2nd belts?

I'm sure others were able to find better deals, but I picked a couple up at the AE retail store when they were having a 15% off sale, and the rest I found off of eBay for 20% off + used eBay bucks as well.

evilWagon

Reaction score
No ones ever confirmed 2nds belts beat I got was 15% off first belts.

nhindian

Reaction score
So for future sales, does AE do an email blast to their subscriber list?

I was a few days late to this one and missed out on a few things I really wanted so I would like to be prepared for next time!

evilWagon

Reaction score

So for future sales, does AE do an email blast to their subscriber list?

I was a few days late to this one and missed out on a few things I really wanted so I would like to be prepared for next time!

Watch this thread word went out weeks before the sale.

mavrik13

Reaction score
Finally managed to make an order with the 2/250. I personally prefer getting the lists of shoes vs. the website (I was only ever able to use it in the early morning, presumably because the server is getting overworked). Interestingly, a bunch of shoes listed as 'closeout' ~1 month ago when the first news of the sale leaked out are no longer 'closeout' models, which is a bummer.

Anyhow, managed to snag an Elgin and a Burgandy Clifton in 13E. I was really hoping for a brown distressed McTavish to wear as a casual shoe, but unfortunately the pair they had was apparently not worth it (always worthwhile to ask them to lay eyes on the product, especially those of us up in Canada as the shipping is expensive!). I already have a walnut Sanford, which is pretty similar to the Elgin, but at that price I couldn't pass it up.

Some pics I grabbed from the internet:
jc_clothe_10.jpg

89061240_vbattach38479.jpg

Hope everyone else gets what they wanted from the 2/250!

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
Finally managed to make an order with the 2/250. I personally prefer getting the lists of shoes vs. the website (I was only ever able to use it in the early morning, presumably because the server is getting overworked). Interestingly, a bunch of shoes listed as 'closeout' ~1 month ago when the first news of the sale leaked out are no longer 'closeout' models, which is a bummer.

Anyhow, managed to snag an Elgin and a Burgandy Clifton in 13E. I was really hoping for a brown distressed McTavish to wear as a casual shoe, but unfortunately the pair they had was apparently not worth it (always worthwhile to ask them to lay eyes on the product, especially those of us up in Canada as the shipping is expensive!). I already have a walnut Sanford, which is pretty similar to the Elgin, but at that price I couldn't pass it up.

jc_clothe_10.jpg

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
1 last is true to size. Get your Brannock size
5 size is long and narrow. Go down 1/2 size and up 1/2 width from your Brannock size (and 1 last)
8 (108) last is rather narrow at the tow, but I would also go with my true Brannock size.
Of course, YMMV.

tjyoung

Reaction score
For those of you with narrow feet, do you use small shoe trees to fill your shoes? I had a collection of large JAB/AE shoe trees that were too big and were too wide to fit in the toe box. So I replaced them all with mediums. These are still too big. Wondering if I should go with the smalls or if I should break out a sander to sand down the sides...any ideas?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

For those of you with narrow feet, do you use small shoe trees to fill your shoes? I had a collection of large JAB/AE shoe trees that were too big and were too wide to fit in the toe box. So I replaced them all with mediums. These are still too big. Wondering if I should go with the smalls or if I should break out a sander to sand down the sides...any ideas?

What size are you?

rmspawn

Reaction score

Running errands with recently acquired Brown Shell Dundees today
Is anyone interested in buying a brand new pair of these (Brown Shell Dundees) in size 9D for $500? I had a pair custom made a while back and they have been sitting in my closet since. They are Flawless, first-quality shoes. Pics are available, but I am posting here hoping to avoid the classifieds section.

Septimus

Reaction score

jc_clothe_10.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics