1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garland

garland Senior member

I have them in black, and I love them! I wear them probably 3-4 days a week to commute to and from work. Broke in really nicely and I love the vibram sole.

Kyle

2. rostov

rostov Senior member

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  3. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

4. Rubik1014

Rubik1014 Senior member

Interesting...

I have read back in this thread since 1/1/15 and this is the first mention of Shreveports. In my opinion they are classy as hell and extremely comfortable, especially during the warmer months.

Why do they not get more mentions here? Or would they if I read back through the warmer months when AE markets them?

5. adamdurbin

adamdurbin Senior member

Any thoughts about the Central Park? I like the suede/leather mix and in black it seems formal. Aside from Christmas and new years parties, do people wear these anywhere else?

6. teaegg

teaegg Active Member

Just received a pair of shell Dundees from the seconds sale. I'm going to return them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

You win some; you lose some.

8. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

I think certain defects, like these, are worthy of scrapping the shoes altogether, or at least selling the pair at a massive discount (perhaps 1/2 the seconds price). I can't imagine anyone paying $399 (or even $499) for these. They're essentially ruined.

9. rostov

rostov Senior member

You'll see them mentioned more frequently during the warmer months, but it's still not a staple shoe. More popular seems to be the New Orleans, although it's on the infamous and departing 2-last.

10. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

That's pretty dreadful. If I were you I would ask them to waive the $10 restocking fee.

11. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Me too. I don't think they should be selling those, to be honest. That's a real shame.

12. LordRasta

LordRasta Well-Known Member

Unless you're wearing them with shorts, no one would see it. Of course my OCD would remind me constantly. But that's just me.

13. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Ooh, ooh! Furiously switching to a new browser tab...... Dang! Not in my size yet.

14. teaegg

teaegg Active Member

Yeah, these are definitely the most noticeable defects in the seconds I've gotten so far.

15. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

Who do they think they are fooling, selling that? Now I'm worried about the Bourbon Strands I'm waiting on.

16. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

My experience is that most of the Bourbon seconds I have looked at exhibit "striping" (black stripes of burnishing). Not sure why. I think it's worth buying Bourbon (or other burnished colors, but I haven't seen striping on any other colors) as firsts, and getting black/brown/walnut seconds, if you can.

Hopefully yours are free of striping.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  17. delmar

delmar Senior member

What size are they if you don't mind saying? They look ok to me if the only thing wrong with them is that ripple.

18. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

^^^ Dundee 2nds

Ewwww.....

Although the technically they qualify as seconds, as long as the fit and durability of the show isn't compromise. That's definitely an aesthetic defect.

But I would definitely send back...

19. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

Thanks. And thanks for letting me know what to look for. Phil R. assured me they aren't noticibly bad. I'll take a look and see what happens. If worse comes to worse, I'll return them and get some clearance strandmocks in brown.

20. teaegg

teaegg Active Member

I'll probably return them in store.

They're 10D. It doesn't seem to be something that will go away if i try to stretch out the fold.

I wouldn't worry. This is the first time I've ever something this bad. I think I've been through around 8-9 pairs. You'd need to really sit down and look to find the flaws.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.