• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeviMay

Reaction score

1 last is true to size. Get your Brannock size
5 size is long and narrow. Go down 1/2 size and up 1/2 width from your Brannock size (and 1 last)
8 (108) last is rather narrow at the tow, but I would also go with my true Brannock size.
Of course, YMMV.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you, sir.

EEWithoutStyle

Reaction score

1 last is true to size. Get your Brannock size
5 size is long and narrow. Go down 1/2 size and up 1/2 width from your Brannock size (and 1 last)
8 (108) last is rather narrow at the tow, but I would also go with my true Brannock size.
Of course, YMMV.

I go my brannock size on the 5 last as per AE SA recommendation. Took my park aves out today for the first time for an interview and they were comfortable. But as you said, YMMV.

walkthewalk

Reaction score
Still waiting for my Sanford's that I ordered during that extra 20% clearance sale on Feb. 21. :\
How long should I expect to get my shoes in if I just ordered yesterday from the 2 for 250 sale? Why would they take months to ship if they are in stock?

BigRob

Reaction score
I'd love a pair of black calfskin McAllisters or Jeffersons, but I don't mind waiting -- also, seconds are fine. What do you think the cheapest I can find them for is?

BigRob

Reaction score
How long should I expect to get my shoes in if I just ordered yesterday from the 2 for 250 sale? Why would they take months to ship if they are in stock?

I ordered two-for-250 from Galleria West yesterday morning (Thursday), and got two tracking numbers today saying that they'll be delivered on next Tuesday with Fedex Ground.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone has any picture of portland boots in action ?
Ordered protland boots and snuff suede fulertons for $250.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He was talking about firsts ordered from the clearance section of the AE web site. They had to be made.

BL70

Reaction score
Placed 2 for 250 order from river head store yesterday. Sales guy said they would go out Monday with delivery by Thursday.

BL70

Reaction score
Nice. Just ordered cognac ridgeline from 2 for 250 sale. Had been looking at mctavish but they weren't in the sale. I think the rubber sole will be helpful though.
Had to post another picture of my recently acquired (lightly worn from another SF member) Cognac Dublin Leather McTavish's. Love these shoes. Great for dressy-casual business environment...

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Stupid question. on the 2 for $250, do you actually have to call to order or is there a web order link I'm missing. 

Sorry, but wasted 10 minutes looking for a link. 

You have to call to order. I don't have the number handy. I believe it is a couple pages back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads