1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

Quote:
    Thanks guys, cap toe on this chukka is real nice detail. It's also super comfortable!

2. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I picked up these from a an additional 40% off last fall. They are awesome!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Perfect for shell boots (and shoes) in the winter. With the additional 40% off I got these for $53. Well worth it! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

From whence? I'm thinking these are what I need. I've just about beat my Long Branches to Hell over the past two weeks.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  4. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

I can't help but be a broken record on this - you should take a look at the Italian collection too. The Firenze, Positano/Brindisi, Verona, they are definitely worth considering. There are much better options than the Cavanaugh....

5. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

BTW - if you wind up getting the Dundee, you should have your SA yell out - I'm not gonna marry Richard. See? Much funnier than that whole clown crap.

6. P12OFIT

P12OFIT Senior member

Delete.

7. N8ter

N8ter Well-Known Member

I agree with the Tingley recommendation 100%. I got some for about $20 on Amazon vs. the $95 AE wants for a pair of swims, plus they cover more of your shoe. Have worn them in some nasty stuff and haven't had any problems.

8. BoxSRS60

BoxSRS60 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I LOVE my vibrams. They are the most comfy shoes ever. I've got several pairs.

Absolutely not. I like simple and plain, but I also like two and three tone stuff if it's well done. I'm not dead yet.

Thanks, I ran by one of the stores today and tried on a pair of shoes made on the 2592 last. They were definitely a bit tight feeling. I'm going to go with an E instead of a D. For me the 65 is ok in a D (but an E might be ok too), but for a 2592, I think I'm going to have to have an E.

Thanks

9. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

10. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

My jaw is still sore from smiling. [​IMG]

11. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

How did you size them? I know they have a chart, but have seen mixed reviews on the sizing. I would certainly be interested in getting some. Thanks for the info.

12. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

Struggling with this right now; I have really developed a liking for the Mora, but can't get it to fit. 11.5 D is too big by far, 11D is good in length and feels ok at first, but after I have them on my feet for a few minutes (test wearing around the house) I can tell they won't be comfortable. My feet aren't compatible with the shape I guess. The toes of the Mora taper in where me feet are broadening out! Don't think 11E would work either, since on the D widths I have to fasten the buckles on the last hole to be snug enough; for reference I have Strands, PA, Universities all in 11.5 D and a Cambridge shell in 11E that all fit well.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  13. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Burgundy McAllisters today. My wife gave these to me the first Christmas we were married - 25 years ago.
    [​IMG]

Chris

8 people like this.
  14. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

15. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

how many resoles did those lovely shells gone through?

16. N8ter

N8ter Well-Known Member

Since we are on the topic here are the tingleys in action this morning with my walnut strands. [​IMG]

17. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

Those McAllisters look like calf to me.

Very happy calf, at that. Gorgeous!

18. gsasso

gsasso Active Member

Decided to roll the dice and order a pair of shell Leeds from the Shoebank in a 9.5C. I'm a 9.5D in the 5 last, hope they fit (although I'm expecting they will not).

That's mostly just a defense mechanism so I don't get too excited then disappointed.

19. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

If you are referring to my McAllisters, they are calf and they have been recrafted once - about 3 years ago.

Chris

20. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

haha, i saw the picture via a small mobile screen, which showed the shoes with rolls rather than creases. after enlarging the picture up a bit, I can defintely see that the shoes are calf. either way, looks great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.