• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I've done the raw denim thing and, being the impatient creature that I am, discovered that I just couldn't put up with months and months of blue everywhere.  So, my $350 Flat Heads hang in the back of my closet (please nobody tell Kiya!) and instead these <$100 pre-faded J. Crews serve as my knock-arounds.

If my peers think it appropriate, I will humbly surrender my SF membership.  :(

Nope. I wear cheap jeans, too. I have one pair of raw denim that I picked up on here for like $75 just to see what the big deal is. I'll never pay the prices for jeans.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
If my peers think it appropriate, I will humbly surrender my SF membership.
frown.gif

I don't think it's a crime to not be a denimphile. My favorite pair of jeans is J. Crew as well, non-selvedge, and I cuff them occasionally with no concern for the 0.01% of people that will look down on them.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope. I wear cheap jeans, too. I have one pair of raw denim that I picked up on here for like $75 just to see what the big deal is. I'll never pay the prices for jeans.
Just like you used to think about the price of cordovan when you started on SF...

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an issues with Long Branch's doing a double crease? I have the normal vamp but also another 2nd one just behind the medallion area on the toe. Its not painful but I can feel it. I wonder if the full grain leather is just softer?

Somewhat second guessing my 12D size. I need to return some 12Es I ordered (which don't do the 2nd crease, but different leather, Grey) to the retail store so will double check my size. Maybe really a 11.5. Any thoughts?

mine have not developed that second crease however my boots are actually a E when most my other shoes are D - I like to wear warmer thicker socks with my boots. My shoes seem to be the opposite in that I get weird creasing when the shoe is too tight.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who's going to be the first to do a MTO Dalton/Long Branch boot in the natural CXL? 

Seems like the prefect addition now that AE has introduced the new CXL color options. Maybe they will offer something like that in Fall 2014

You know, I was just thinking this same thing. I'm very happy with my long branches (especially since I got them for a great price), but if I hadn't needed them right away for our epic winter, I would have been interested in a CXL version.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Just like you used to think about the price of cordovan when you started on SF...

I actually bought my first pair of shells before SF. Now what??!!?? LMAO!

deebs

Reaction score
The 2 for 250 sale is active. I just placed an order for 4 pairs through Vincenzo.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shaking the Shakers at JFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads