Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asalerno

asalerno Active Member

Taking a closer looks at my shell leeds, I noticed it's not a bubble, but part of the leather is matted down and has a weird texture. It's actually not that noticeable when I'm walking, but I'm worried it might be an issue over time as the rest of the shoe gets a patina and this part doesn't. Does anyone hear know what this could be and if it's a "serious" defect?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. slimfit4me

slimfit4me Active Member

I have the black one on order. The red stitching on that shoe caught my eyes at the AE store. My feet love the #5 last.

3. slimfit4me

slimfit4me Active Member

I have the black one on order. The red stitching on that shoe caught my eyes at the AE store. My feet love the #5 last.

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Some more AEs...

This was posted by bwp in the WAYWRN Shoe thread. If this is the Rutledge, then AE's website photography does not do it justice. What a great looking shoe!

5. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

asalerno I presume that is a scar, from when the animal was alive. I had a similar mark, in a much more prominent location, on a pair of black Cambridges I ultimately returned.

If it will bother you, attempt to exchange. If it won't bother you, enjoy your new shell leeds (with character!)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

6. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

My bad. It's the Evanston. Cannot for the life of me understand why they discontinued this shoe. [​IMG]

7. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I am likewise waiting for the waxy black Ridgeway. Placed the order four weeks ago, but I canceled and re-ordered when I realized I had the sizing wrong. So 2-4 weeks from now, maybe.

8. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Senior member

I found that many shoes on the 0 last look bad in pictures but great on the foot. I still love my Manhattan in saddle tan leather.

9. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

After three trips to the AE store, I would say that most of the pictures in the web catalog are not very good. The shoes look much better in real life.

10. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Isn't it amazing that they cannot figure out how to take good pictures? I always go to Amazon or Zappos if I want good pictures of the shoe and its color.

11. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

12. plei89

plei89 Senior member

:rotflmao:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

13. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

... Or this thread :)

14. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Especially pics of shell by bucksfan LOL. And others. Ordered the Black Hills today because of a post with pictures put up a few days ago. Received my Clifton's today and ordered them because of the reviews on here. But also received an email from the military exchange for the order I placed Friday for the newly released shell Park Avenues:

Per the vendor, the 5805 Park Avenue Black Shell Cordovan is no longer available. We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Strange. I believe the "rumor mill" on here is correct (first and foremost) despite the fact that they are on the AE web site under Cordovan it will be the middle of the month before they are really available. And likely at the sale price previously mentioned. Now to find a brown shell AE shoe I can't live without....

15. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

how do your cliftons fit? I really like the shoe and have been thinking about ordering it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.