1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Everyone is completely right. There are cases where you would have to pay full price like MTO but you almost always can get good discounts for both 1st quality during the major sales throughout the year as well as 2nds from the shoebank where I have seen shoes in recent times as low as $100.
    Some of the 2nds look perfectly fine. I bought an extra pair of cap toes (Park Ave) that look perfect and they were only $127 on sale.
    Sometimes you just need to keep an eye out for sales and specials.

2. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Gabru,

Here's some snaps of mine that I've been wearing once a week for about 3-4 months. I cranked up the flash so you can see it more. However, the last two are more representative of the natural lighting in the room.

My right Bleecker does crease more at the base of the tongue. One time I was in a bit of a hurry and scrunched up the tongue on this side, so I kind of chalked mine up to that. We can see though that the
    right one is creased more than the left.

Going by memory, I think my pants tend to cover where the tongue crease is anyway, so I haven't been worrying about it.

Rich

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

Thanks for the pics @RichieP , very helpful. This much wouldn't even bother me..

4. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Quote:

Thanks guys for the detailed ball of the foot info, including the correct medical terminology. [​IMG] I think it helped explain a bit why my heel-to-toe length was 9.5, but I couldn't really get my foot into those, but a 10 did the trick!

5. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

You're welcome. Yeah, I scrolled back a few pages to look at your original pics again, and wow yours are definitely much worse! I hope you can find a good fit, because I really do love mine. They're very comfortable on me.

Good luck!

6. LanceM

LanceM Senior member

Anyone have a good SA at the Ohio Jefferson or the South Carolina north Charleston store? They have a pair of Harrison's and I'd like an honest opinion on the condition of the shoes.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  7. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Stopped by Nordstrom and tried on the strand in chili. The SA told me they were made on the 3 last, which I found odd. Here's the inside of the tongue. [​IMG]

Was the SA correct, I'm 99% sure she wasn't.

8. LanceM

LanceM Senior member

Wow does it have the elongated shape? Pics?

9. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

Kristle - she's great.

1 person likes this.
  10. aeguy

aeguy New Member

No the SA was incorrect. The Strand is made on the "5" or 65 Last.

11. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

delete post

12. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

Kristle at the Jeffersonville Ohio store is the way to go. I highly recommend her.

13. Olifter

Olifter Senior member

Walnut Strands

14. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

I bought my Daltons as seconds and the right boot has developed that wrinkling like the OP's picture. This happened over time, they definitely started off looking like gem mint (except for some minor scuffs at the bottom near the sole on the left boot). Can't complain...paid roughly $115 from the outlet store.

Realize that I don't have many posts, but please ask me anything you might want to know - open to any questions. Thx.

15. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

The Strand is on the 5 last, but I can see why the SA may have been confused. Up until several years ago AE would always identify the last a shoe was on with the last digit of the model number, which is why they may have been confused about the shoe being on the 3 last.

16. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

For those in a 12D. Might want to watch the shoe bank site this week.

17. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

What last?

18. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Behold my new AE rain shoes!

These are the Aberdeens, although I don't think they are called that by BB. Wanted a rainy day shoe that I could kick around in. The vibram sole and the raised welt will be good for this. They are 2nds and I think I know why. The right shoe has a rougher bumpier texture in the vamp area. Won't bother me since this will pretty much be a beater shoe. Thanks to @drcharlie for his sizing guidance [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Senior member

Why size 12D? Care to spill more details?

20. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.