• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Dark Chocolate Daltons picked up today. I have the Cascades, but those are lower and far more casual. I am really liking these. I was wearing some medium gray wool slacks when I tried them on and it looked very nice.

I just put on a little AE Cleaner / Conditioner and buffed them.

Chris

Nice! I'm waiting for my pair of chocolate Daltons to arrive in the mail. Can't wait!

Xchange

Reaction score

Look at what i got today?!

I love it!

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

New Dark Chocolate Daltons picked up today. I have the Cascades, but those are lower and far more casual. I am really liking these. I was wearing some medium gray wool slacks when I tried them on and it looked very nice.

I just put on a little AE Cleaner / Conditioner and buffed them.

Chris

Damn. With those pics I may have changed my order. Or added another. Much better representation than AEs pics. I decided on some Bourbon Dalton's.

Also got some firsts quality Long Branchs for the sale price too!

cincikid

Reaction score
So, here's a quick comparison of the Amok and the Mojave. Despite that Mojave was actually positioned as Amok v. 2.0, these two chukkas are actually quite different.
First, they are built on different lasts with very different shapes. Mojave has a wide toe-box and rounded toe, whereas Amok is a lot more narrow with a somewhat pointed toe. Fwiw, I appear to wear 9.5 in Mojave and either 10D or 9.5E in Amok.

Second, the sole. Crepe vs. butyl for the Mojave and Amok respectively. In fact, Mojave reminds me a lot of the Clarks desert boots, which somewhat diminishes their subjective value. In most cases people would think you are actually wearing Clarks. By contrast, the Amok appears to have a more polished and sleeker look.

Third, there are also differences in the overall design, stitching patterns, etc. but those are pretty minor.

This being said, I find the Mojave a lot more comfortable but I am leaning towards returning them and keeping the Amok instead.

Last edited:

Xchange

Reaction score
Thats not cool... I will try to not wear them with chinos... But i definitevely love the look....

Now i m thinking to get a pair of Promontory point as a pair of winter boots but i m undecided with a pair of grey aberdeen for an all around shoe

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really want the amok now haha. I just don't like the look of the mojave. Not a huge fan of crepe soles. If I wanted those, I'd buy clarks for like 50-60 dollars...

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Last edited:

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by watchidiot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used the whole weekend to darken my chukkamoks and I really like how it turned out. Wore it with burgundy chinos to mass today.

What product did you use?  I think I'd like to try that with my brown neumoks I recently got via the 2nds sale.

I love this colour of strings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads