1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barrance

barrance Member

Olive Neumoks first are currently on clearance direct from AE for $147. I wear 9.5D on the 8 last (Mora 2.0 which fit perfectly) and 9.5D on the 3 last (Parkway which fit a tad narrow). Does the 65 last fit more like the 3 or 8 last? Wondering if I should stick to 9.5D or switch to 9E/9.5E.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  2. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Oh man, I should have snagged that leeds a few months ago. I have no chance now that you're in the market! ;)

I think the Kennies were the most versatile shoe AE made. 140$ is a hell of a deal. That's less than seconds!

1 person likes this.
  3. golfinz

golfinz Senior member

First Daltons:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. The Hunter

The Hunter Well-Known Member

I got a pair just like these from the wife this morning

5. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Senior member

Shoebank sale is up.
    "Save on current factory second styles. Select 'Current Styles' in the status field. Save $50 off your first pair of regular price current factory seconds, Save $75 off your second pair of regular price current factory seconds and Save $100 off your third pair of regular price current factory seconds. Valid on 'Current Styles' only. Not valid on Closeout Styles."

6. golfinz

golfinz Senior member

They are awesome and definitely my favorite AE so far! Wore them out today:

[​IMG]

7. Brown Dynamite

Brown Dynamite Senior member

They fit more like the 8 last in my experience. I take the same size in my Carlyles as I do in all of my other 5 lasts. I tried the same size in the Parkway and they were about half an inch longer on me than the 5.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  8. Zzen

Zzen Well-Known Member

Any Shaker Heights fans care to sing their praises? I am not a huge fan of the tweed detailing but the $127 chili on shoebank is tempting.

I have never worn boots and was looking to start with a chukka instead of a full length, but I had no success finding a chukka that fit the bill.

9. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I love mine! Paid 300$ and don't regret a penny.

However they run quite wide. And the leather is very soft and sensitive so don't wear in the rain...

10. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Z, I love the look of my Shaker Heights in chili. You can't beat the $127 price tag either. If it helps, I sized up by one half from my 65 fit.

11. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

12. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

The Shaker Heights I am seeing on Shoe bank are $277?? Where are any for $127?

13. Zzen

Zzen Well-Known Member

Haha, @peppercorn78 's post made me think about going a size smaller, and @middlepP sized up. If I roll the dice I will probably just go with my standard 10.5d and see if I get lucky.

I was hoping for a boot that I could dress up a bit but also be rough on, so maybe the soft leather isn't for me. How do you guys clean the tweed?

14. Zzen

Zzen Well-Known Member

In 10.5d, black and chili are currently $127. Brown is $277.

15. P12OFIT

P12OFIT Senior member

What is the process for ordering from Shoebank? Do you just call the store that has whatever item you are looking for and order over the phone?

16. catside

catside Senior member

Yes, and while you are on the phone check for similar makes that are built for other brands like BB or RL, sometimes they are cheaper.

17. P12OFIT

P12OFIT Senior member

Thank you.

18. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

@Zzen - I just double checked mine. They are 9.5d - which is, indeed, a half size larger than my 65 last (and TTS). I went larger to account for medium to heavy weight boot socks. Your standard size might be the best place to start. At $127 its worth a gamble.

19. Zzen

Zzen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the double check. I agree that $127 is a price that makes a gamble attractive.

Speaking of attractive the merlot Eagle Countys on ebay are dead sexy.

Anyone know what the damage on the GMTO was for these? I saw it mentioned in one of the AE threads that these were rejects from that order.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-A...n_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item43d3ff3686&rmvSB=true

20. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

So, the Eagle Rivers... what kind of leather is that? Will it take a shine, or is a greasy tannage? Does anybody have real world pics?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.