• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
It's Mardi Gras here in New Orleans . . . and we are having what is officially the sh!ttiest Mardi Gras weather in recorded history. Why not take the opportunity to do the long-delayed family portrait? It's a good moment also because I don't anticipate making too many changes to the family in the near future - (a) I've pretty much got everything I want that AE makes, and (b) I'm running out of room on my various racks.
Half3, No more AE to buy...so where do you go from here? Across the water? (more) Alden?
Insane family shot, btw. NONE OF YOUR SHOES LOOK WORN!!! Awesome.

AdRock

Reaction score
Just amazing collection, I am going to be showing the SO tonight so she can get an idea of how many shoes other guys own! I have already started trying to figure out ways to reconfigure the closet to allow for extra pairs.

AdamAdam

Reaction score
I posted this a few pages back but didn't see a response so thought I'd try again.

How do you all size the 3 last versus others (1, 5, 7)?

Has anyone ever seen a EE in the 8 or 2 last?

Thanks!

chris45

Reaction score
It's Mardi Gras here in New Orleans . . . and we are having what is officially the sh!ttiest Mardi Gras weather in recorded history. Why not take the opportunity to do the long-delayed family portrait? It's a good moment also because I don't anticipate making too many changes to the family in the near future - (a) I've pretty much got everything I want that AE makes, and (b) I'm running out of room on my various racks.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
worship2.gif

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sparky1golf

Reaction score
Long time lurker who has benefited from every ones knowledge and insight. Figured I'd make my first post a decent one. Upcoming boot sale information from Kristle. Starts 3-6-14

Calf excludes, Cordovan:

Dalton; $199
Malvern $149
Ashbury: $149
Shaker Heights $149
Bellevue $149
Long Branch $149
Carson City: $149
Chukkamok $149
Cronmok $149
Fifth Street $149
Eagle County $149
Haight: $149
Rothsay: $149

Ralph Lauren Saunders: $149

Let me know if you would like anything.

Kristle

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you find to be the biggest difference between the brown and cappuccino cordovan? They look very similar in your pics

There's such a variation in brown shell. My Strands are much darker than my Norwiches . . . in person the Norwiches, even though they're labeled brown, look closer to cappuccino or even walnut when compared to the Strands. I would characterize my cappuccino Dundee as being a soft brown. To me, it's a beautiful color.

It will be interesting to see how my MTO brown shell MacNeils turn out.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Half3, No more AE to buy...so where do you go from here? Across the water? (more) Alden?
Insane family shot, btw. NONE OF YOUR SHOES LOOK WORN!!! Awesome.

I've just kopped two pairs of Alden CXL LWBs (navy and natty), giving me a total of five. I also have a few Rancourts and more in the works.

The rest of the space is taken up by Billy Reid (double monks), J. Crew (bucks), BB (nubucks and boat shoes), a bunch of sneakers (Vans, Keds, etc.), a pair of Wolverine 1K boots, some cheap but decent Cole-Haan spectators, a couple of throwaway summer saddles from Bass. Maybe a few more that I'm forgetting.

And, three remaining spaces are reserved for unusual shell from AE and Alden - e.g., I'm on a couple of Alden lists. Maaaaybe a particularly good Webgem.

As for why none of them look worn . . . a fair number of them haven't been yet, actually (e.g., I kopped heavily during the $299 shell seconds sale). Almost the entire collection was built from scratch in 18 months!

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Here are the specs:

1095 BROWN SHELL CORDOVAN
TONE ON TONE UPPER STITCHING
BROWN SPLIT REVERSE WELT
BROWN LEATHER INSOLE
BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING
DOUBLE RENDENBACH OUTSOLE WITH COMBO HEEL

Basically, I told her I wanted what they would look like if they just sold them stock (as IMO they should). The only thing I might have done differently in retrospect is to ask for wheeled edges, but they'll be just fine without them.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker who has benefited from every ones knowledge and insight. Figured I'd make my first post a decent one. Upcoming boot sale information from Kristle. Starts 3-6-14

Calf excludes, Cordovan:

Dalton; $199
Malvern $149
Ashbury: $149
Shaker Heights $149
Bellevue $149
Long Branch $149
Carson City: $149
Chukkamok $149
Cronmok $149
Fifth Street $149
Eagle County $149
Haight: $149
Rothsay: $149

Ralph Lauren Saunders: $149

Let me know if you would like anything.

Kristle

Nice list. Go get those Daltons, people! And, welcome to the thread.

Last edited:

Jackboot

Reaction score

Long time lurker who has benefited from every ones knowledge and insight.  Figured I'd make my first post a decent one.  Upcoming boot sale information from Kristle.  Starts 3-6-14

[COLOR=1F497D]Calf excludes, Cordovan:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]Dalton; $199[/COLOR]
[COLOR=1F497D]Malvern $149[/COLOR]
[COLOR=1F497D]Ashbury: $149[/COLOR]
[COLOR=1F497D]Shaker Heights $149[/COLOR]
[COLOR=1F497D]Bellevue $149[/COLOR]
[COLOR=1F497D]Long Branch $149[/COLOR]
[COLOR=1F497D]Carson City: $149[/COLOR]
[COLOR=1F497D]Chukkamok $149[/COLOR]
[COLOR=1F497D]Cronmok $149[/COLOR]
[COLOR=1F497D]Fifth Street $149[/COLOR]
[COLOR=1F497D]Eagle County $149[/COLOR]
[COLOR=1F497D]Haight: $149[/COLOR]
[COLOR=1F497D]Rothsay: $149[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]Ralph Lauren Saunders: $149[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]Let me know if you would like anything.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]Kristle[/COLOR]

This is a seconds sale, not firsts, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads