• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AE_afficionado

Reaction score

Time to put them on the bay, bro. They're not doing you any good sitting in your closet, unworn. Tryst me, I've been through it. Had to shed 4 pairs due to incorrect sizing as well.

Just curious, did u get sized at an AE store or a Nordstrom? If so to either, you might be able to get some sort of consideration for your troubles...

The incorrect sizing was from Nordstrom's. The most recent of those Nordstrom purchases I did take back and demand a full refund after getting correctly sized at an AE store. I received a. $295 refund. The rest I did not bother bother because they were several years old and did get good use. However it does go to show that regardless of Nordstrom's reputation for service, they had no problem sizing me incorrectly in order to get a sale ( my local store only carried D-widths and resorted to sizing me up in length in order to get the width right). I relied on their sizing to order shoes from the Shoebank, amazon, and even from my local AE store over the phone before I visited them and got sized correctly.

captstatic

Reaction score

Quote:
Very sharp! How breathable is the mesh - is it leather-lined or can air get right through?
They are lined on the inside. I am not sure how well they breathe. The AE store manager did relate the mesh does breathe better, which is why they consider it a good seasonal shoe for warm weather. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wonsmithr8

Reaction score
Looks good!
1f44d.png

On a side note, does anyone how long did it takes for a refund to post once you sent shoes back to AE (i.e. shoe bank) ? Thanks

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have an answer to this question? Thanks!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Calling shoe bank or wherever you returned them to will be fastest. Usually takes me 2-3 weeks rafter they arrive to get refunded

Rookie428

Reaction score
Tips on what color polish to use on Carson City cayenne leather? Thanks in advance.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tips on what color polish to use on Carson City cayenne leather? Thanks in advance.

My Carson Cities are a rough unfinished leather, zero shine - not sure if yours are the same - I just sprayed some water proof spray on them. Now that I have an arsenal of oils, lotions and rubs, I will look into seeing what the next level of protection is.

chinngiskhaan

Reaction score

Dillardiv

Reaction score

All,

I have finally gotten the first post on the Allen Edmonds MTO Thread up to where I want it. I hope that this is a good resource for those considering MTOs.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/the-allen-edmonds-mto-thread/

-Mike

Mike, I am personally tapped out on new AEs for a while, but I just want to give my thanks and congratulations on that thread. It's extremely useful and user friendly and I think takes a lot of the unknown out of all the options for folks that are new. Plus, hopefully it cuts down on the questions to Allison as an added bonus. Well done!!

YoungSweet

Reaction score
All,

I have finally gotten the first post on the Allen Edmonds MTO Thread up to where I want it. I hope that this is a good resource for those considering MTOs.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/the-allen-edmonds-mto-thread/

-Mike

Mike-Thanks for getting the thread started. I think it's a good idea for a few of us to put the link to the thread in our signature as people will probably don't search for the thread and keep asking for MTO info.

eyeheartny

Reaction score
I just got a pair of the Malvern chukka boot. In the 5 last I wear an 11.5D. Based on reviews I ordered this boot in an 11.5E. The width feels fine in the forefoot--my feet are snug but still have room to move.

My question is about the fit in the heel. They feel a bit loose unless I lace them extremely tight and really push back against the back of the boot. They fit securely then. Does this sound like a) matter of the width being wider than normal b) a bad fit and therefore makes these a no-go c) something than can be remedied with an insert of some kind? They are sold out in 11.5D. I'm not used to wearing a chukka like this and so I'm not sure whether this is a significant issue or not.

Thanks!

BCer

Reaction score

Do you have a pic? I've searched long and wide and can only find pics with the olive ones and jeans. Thanks.

They have a bit of a shine to them amazingly, and that is with zero polish. I have used saphir Reno on them probably a year ago to moisturize them, and now all I do is brush them before and after wearing. I love these shoes and they fit and feel like slippers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads