1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

If they are Gold Toe, me too[​IMG]

2. INMustang

INMustang Member

Two cents : In Shoe Bank they are selling these Cronmoks for USD 234, but you can get them from AE regular site for USD199.

3. Apple31415

Apple31415 New Member

Good eye! I only have one pair of flat laces which does not look good on any other shoes but looked right on this PA. Glad someone else agrees!

History: There are brand new "seconds" purchased from hitch-n-post on eBay. It was a 7.5 3E and I took a gamble - fits like a hybrid of a 8D/8E/8.5D which is what I usually wear.

The shell PA Was advertised as seconds because of a cut in left inner heel. Looks big in pic but unnoticeable when worn.

[​IMG]

However, upon receipt using my finger I felt there was some ripple in stitching of cap toe to welt. It was not really visible and the cap toe looked tight and round. I did not worry about it because it is a flaw only shoe geeks cared about and who else is going to touch my shoes but me? That was six months ago and I decided to wear it yesterday.

Upon wearing the the slight ripple turned into a fold across the cap. Bummer. Still, for quarter of the price ($~160) of brand new shell Park Avenue, I think it's worth it. What do you all think?

[​IMG]

Still looks nice to my eyes.

[​IMG]

4. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

No, they are Polo RL socks.

5. ultravisitor

ultravisitor Senior member

You can always call ahead to check to make sure you're not wasting the drive...

6. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

GMTO!!! (head on over to the GMTO thread to opt in)

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on this:

Clark Street
    Olive (loden) Suede
    Tan/Alabaster stitching
    Single Oak sole with V-Tread outsole (open to change, not dainite though)
    Buff Welt (either flat or storm)
    Buff or toasted Edge Dressing
    Blind eyelets (the metal eyelets make the shoe too casual)

My aim is to mimic something like this from Alden
    [​IMG]

Open to suggestions and feedback. Heres the suede color-

[​IMG]

7. The Hunter

The Hunter Well-Known Member

unfortunately the Cronmoks are no longer on the AE site

8. kps1997

kps1997 New Member

SouthNarc...Those are sweet Fifth Street boots...Are those Brown Shell Cordovan or Brown Calfskin?

9. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Thanks to @hoit1981 for the heads up on the ralph lauren sample sale in NYC. If you're around and a D width (maybe some Es, I saw one) , saw lots of AE for RL for $135. I passed since I got a black label trench and RRL selvedge denim instead. I had snuff suede Slaton and brown singletons in my hand but resisted.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  10. mrfixit

mrfixit Senior member

whoa. if anyone wants to grab me a slaton or sanderson in 10D, that would be swell.

11. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. rostov

rostov Senior member

We've had a few try and get in late, but I figured it wouldn't be fair to try and sneak in black Friday pricing after the fact, especially since Allison told me to have orders in by midnight of "Cyber Monday".

13. Eric Pease

Eric Pease Member

14. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Watch, thanks for the info.

Understandable, rostov. I wasn't 100% ready to jump on the MTO bandwagon yet anyway - perhaps sometime in 2015.

In the meantime I will likely pick up a pair of Eagle Rivers off the shoebank. I am a 9D in most AEs, including the 5 last (McT's, with toe pads) but sized up to 9.5 D in my Shakers (which fit great). Was thinking I would also size up for the Eagle. Anyone have any sizing rec's on the Eagle River/County or the 222 last?

15. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

16. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Senior member

I think I got measured and bought my first pair of AE there. Their stock room is quite impressive. I'll call it a shoe cave.
    Are you saying the price will go up later?

17. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

No, their discounts will likely only increase as it gets closer to December 31st (the date on which they close for good).

I'm planning on swinging by next week and will report back.

18. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Extremely jealous of those of you living close by! Wish I knew someone who lived there who could snag a few pairs for me.

19. The Hunter

The Hunter Well-Known Member

I went with my normal size (10E) for my first pair of 222 last shoes. I had to have them stretched for them to even be wearable. On the latest GMTO I went with a 10EEE I figured worst case I can wear thick socks

20. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Of course the shoebank doesn't have 9E. Leaves me deciding between 9D (tts), 9.5D, or 9.5E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.