• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sat both my boots and the jar in front of a space heater for a few minutes, then did the application in front of it as well. The stuff soaks in really nicely after hanging out next to 1500 watts.

Thanks, all, for the reminder -- it's been a few weeks; the boots could probably stand a good wipedown and another application.

chris45

Reaction score
FYI, I got word (from Manager, not regular SA) that 2 for $250 is still going on.. but in a few weeks or so.

evilWagon

Reaction score
FYI, I got word (from Manager, not regular SA) that 2 for $250 is still going on.. but in a few weeks or so.

Yes, I confirmed the other day that they sold so much during the last sale they were delaying it to build inventory back up.

chris45

Reaction score
Yes, I confirmed the other day that they sold so much during the last sale they were delaying it to build inventory back up.

Heh, yea -- they did say 3 weeks .. so while I wouldn't say that is the 'definite time frame', it will be very close to 3 weeks from now.

And this 2 for $250 includes only closeout models, correct?

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep, that's it so far.

Those are looking great!

Mine came in today (a dark brown pair to replace the #8 the accidentally sent me a few weeks ago). They are looking awesome but very dark also. I have a pot of Renovateur, a rag and brush so intend to give them some "Burzan treatment" later on tonight. How did you go about doing it exactly?

SeanP

Reaction score
Two questions: Is it worth sending shoes to Allen Edmonds to have the heels redone instead of a good local cobbler? I have a pair of Lombards (rubber AE soles) and not sure if I should send them in or take it to my local cobbler for Vibram heels.

Bourbon belts, I have a Manistee Bourbon but what is another good basic dark brown to pickup (aside from AE DB belt)?

Thank you.

JJ--

Reaction score
My new AE Kenilworths came in today. Thanks for the suggestions 7 rocket I love them! Now I get to put away my black PAs in the box and only get out for special occasions.

SkySaw

Reaction score
I have the waxy brown Lon Branches and they seemed dry when they arrived especially right above the cap toe - I have used neutral polish on them but have no clue what to do from here to protect them.

I own Brown polish, Neutral polish, AE cleaner moisturizer, AE waterproofing spray..

Do I remove the polish I put on then spray the AW water proofer then apply the Obenaufs of which there seems to be three - the oil, the LP boot preserve and the Heavy Dty LP

Do I just keep using polish to build up a protective layer?

or do I do some other order of stripping, oiling, waxing etc and is there some other product I should be using?

I wish I had the time to set up a forum with categories for all the great information on this thread...thanks in advance for the advice
I wear my Longbranches in situations where a longwing blucher would be suitable, but the weather is too wet/slushy/snowy/salty for leather soles. I don't wear my Longbranches to shovel snow or do outdoor work. So, all I use is a leather conditioner/moisturizer and cream polish to keep the boots moisturized and protected. When I first got them, I moisturized them with conditioner, and then applied 3-4 coats of polish over the first few days to build a layer of protection. I wipe the boots with a damp paper towel at the end of the day to remove any salt/dirt, and mine look better than new after wearing them often and through a lot of very bad weather since january. The HDLP is overkill for my needs, and it looks to me like it makes the Longbranch look more like a workboot. Are you planning to use a waterproofer and then HDLP? Too many products on the leather can cause leather to crack by not allowing it to breath. I think there can be merit to a simple strategy of moisturizer and polish provided that you clean your shoes/boots at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skysaw they look great - I wont be shoveling or doing any heavy outdoor manly things in them - they will get worn when going to work and snowing or raining out and just want to make sure they are not going to get ruined if getting wet. I now wipe down my shoes and brush them at the end of the day.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm....some Navy Blue Calf in a Patriot Model would look really really cool... Maybe a light colored reverse welt *storm* and I think they'd look fantastic, no?

They'd kinda look like this, but these are Alden & CXL

67130.jpg

Those are amazing.

AIK1891

Reaction score
Has anyone received their clearance orders and been on the fence at all for quality/returning?

I just received my Strawfut's and, while there are no glaring defects, there are maybe 7-9 really small minor defects between the two shoes (some heavy creasing in the leather, some sticking out threads, some pilling of the mesh material). Maybe I've been really spoiled by receiving perfect pairs up until now, but I'm waffling on this pair. The order said "Made for you in under 8 weeks" or similar, but now I just got them in a week. Because of some packing differences, I suspect they've been stored in stock somewhere; some of the heavy creasing might be from them being crushed flat for a while. I think they were about $175 after the sale discount - they would be great at that price as seconds, but I though I was buying firsts at clearance, not seconds. I also don't know if I can get a replacement pair (guess I should be on the phone with AE tomorrow morning at least finding that out). Maybe I can snap some pictures later, but I was first curious if anyone else had received their clearance order in less than perfect condition.

YoungSweet

Reaction score
Just got my new shell Brown Dundees and they look amazing. Question for shell owners, does shell stretch at all? My dundees are a tad tight but I hope that once they break in, they will give a little bit. I'm a shell virgin so welcome all your comments.

Edits: Adding pictures

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads