1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AEBoston

AEBoston Member

This product is specially formulated for Allen Edmonds.

2. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

Kinda look like it.

3. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

I've been on the look out for these in the NYC stores and none of them had them last week. Is this recommended for calfskin only or does it also work on Cordovan?

It almost looks like the same consistency as Saphir cordovan cream. Obviously that's not what it is, but VSC is much more watery than those pictures.

4. AEBoston

AEBoston Member

Works great on shells. I just checked and it looks like all of the New York store are now in stock.

5. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Great. I'll have to pick up a jar and test it out.

6. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Thanks! [​IMG] Just ordered some.

7. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

8. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Whoa awesome, hope to see some more pics once they arrive. Looks like a great pattern and last. AE should bring it back and also make a dover PTB simialr to Alden with that pattern.

Also, I googled the store the guy got the shoes from and they are going out of business and are having 40%-80% off, looks like only available for shopping in store though so anyone in the Chicago area should go check it out. Altman's Shoes

9. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Hate to "bump" my own post, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had any insight here.

10. ChicagoSuit

ChicagoSuit Member

Yes. Altman's has been in that location for quite a long time (I want to say 50+ years but I'm not certain) and I know they have a huge stock room. However, they have been steadily deepening their discounts since sometime in September, so there isn't a whole ton left. The good thing is as of last week they had all AE's discounted 40%. They close at the end of the year, so I expect that to go up soon.

11. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Whoa, did I miss something. These had exposed eyelets? :)

I was watching those as well. Good pickup! Looks like a plain Townly if you ask me.

12. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

I was watching those too! I think I'm actually going to put my Townley's up on eBay. They're not getting a lot of wear but they are awesome.

Congrats on those sweet shoes from Altman's @bl@ster!

13. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Ha. Well be sure to set the market high. I was thinking the same thing.

14. The Hunter

The Hunter Well-Known Member

I have not had my hands on these but if they are anything like the McAdams they are not made of the normal calf materiel. When I saw the McAdams in store last year they were very stiff and felt cheap vs the normal line

15. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Thanks for the heads up! I have some townleys but I admit I never go on the Shoebank unless AE is having a % off sale [​IMG]

16. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Totally agree. The Lexington is similar but I don't like the proportions on the toecap and the 4 pair of eyelets kills it for me.

Not to worry, my cobbler will be switching out the eyelets post haste! :)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  17. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Cross post from the MTO thread - my First Avenues in Oxblood have arrived. All standard except for the color and the independence lining and insole.

They're beautiful and they fit great. Pictures below. As a word of warning to others: these boots have a lot of room in the toe and seem to be quite long. Even at 8.5D with the independence lining, they're comfortably roomy. For those who size up on the 5-last or go wide, these might be ideal at your Brannock size.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

19. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

I haven't used Alden Leather Protector since I put it on my Brown Shell Townleys. It actually made them so dull that I stopped wearing them. Took them out last night and Mac'ed them up and they look much better. My guess is that the ALP mixed with residual cream and made them dull. I should try it again on some of my shiner shell.

20. Eric Pease

Eric Pease Member

Cronmok firsts gone from AllenEdmonds.com?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.