• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shartmann

Reaction score
Thank you! The manager at the outlet sent me the below pictures of the boots. I am not really an expert here, but I am having trouble finding any major issues. Hard to tell if the light is causing coloring issues in the picture.
C:\Users\KDACRUZ\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg

As several have suggested, you should get these. I wore my pair yesterday and really like them, and think they look even better after a year than they did new.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have suggestions on a belt/color match for the Smokey Grey (6061) Long Branch's?

I have the Montana belt in grey that I use for my Long Branches as well as my grey McTavishes and J. Crew bucks. It's lighter than I would have wanted - almost too light - but it works well enough.

evolved

Reaction score
Does anyone have any sizing experience with the Kenwood? I'm an 11B in Strands/McCallisters and a 10.5B in Macneils. I'm not sure how the loafers/Kenwood fits....

tigerpac

Reaction score
400 for shell is a good deal these days, but I'd save up and get shell from a better boot maker like AE vs. wolverine

anrobit

Reaction score
400 for shell is a good deal these days, but I'd save up and get shell from a better boot maker like AE vs. wolverine
Wolverine shell is made by AE

All of Wolverine's 360-degree welted products are made by AE

Last edited:

tigerpac

Reaction score
Well fine, I'll just shut my mouth then - get those boots!

chris45

Reaction score
I've noticed quite a handful of Albertan's on here (well specifically Calgary).

I travel to Calgary usually twice a year .. each time I've been up there has been mostly nonstop work and haven't had much free time... but next time, I'll make sure to add a couple extra days. Any suggestions on places/stores/etc I should stop by while in Calgary?

Septimus

Reaction score
Don't quote me on this, but I believe AE makes most, if not all, the Wolverine 360 degree welted boots. I'm not sure where I heard that, though...

Rene_Lahm

Reaction score

Just got a pair of Black Hills but they are significantly smaller compared to others in the same last.  Anyone else has the same experience?

Mine seem to be shorter than the Park Ave's I have, which worked out fine for me. In terms of width, I sized up to a 3E and they fit fine, slightly larger than the E width I have with the PA. I take a size 14, which is slightly large, but 13 would be too small, so I find the Black Hills have been a good pick up. That being said, i've only worn them out once since getting them a week ago.

uunngghh

Reaction score
If AE makes the Wolverine Krause and uses Horween Dublin leather, is there any particular reason for the exorbitant difference in price between the MSRP of the Krause ($555) and any of the AE Dublin offerings ($295-345)?

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTO Eagle County has come in, and it's absolutely everything I dreamed of.

2002 CHILI CALF
BROWN UPPER STITCH SEEN ON 1628
BRASS EYELETS
BLACK FLAT WELT
TOASTED EDGE DRESSING
INDEPENDENCE LINING LEATHER
DAINITE OUTSOLE
LEATHER MIDSOLE

Needed a versatile boot that I could wear with literally anything from jeans to a suit. I think I hit the nail on the head with these.

Color looks deeper and more brown in person, as is common with chili. Do you guys think the creasing is fine? I'm talking specifically about the second picture.

Also, how is the welting done on these dainite soles? Might the lack of visible stitching make these more durable?

For those of you who have been wondering about sizing on the 2-last, I'm normally a 13C on the 5-65, and these fit me very nicely in 13D.

Since you requested a midsole, the welt stitching was stitched to that, and then the Dainite sole was cemented onto the midsole. I don't think you will likely see a difference in durability. The stitches are lock stitched, and therefore they are designed to take abrasion. Sometimes the system fails, but it is the exception to the rule.

Last edited:

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If AE makes the Wolverine Krause and uses Horween Dublin leather, is there any particular reason for the exorbitant difference in price between the MSRP of the Krause ($555) and any of the AE Dublin offerings ($295-345)?

Marketing?
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads