• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNSamurai

Reaction score
So I've decided I'm just not in love with my brown shell Jeffersons (9EEE). They are just a little too clunky in my opinion.

I can swap them for a brown shell Strand in either 9EE or 9.5E.

My questions is, if I'm normally a 9EEE in the Strand, am I better off getting the 9EE (given that shell is a little roomier than calf), or going up to the 9.5E?

Thanks!

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
currently kicking myself for not thinking of a navy calf eagle county when price was $200. black eyelets, black flat wheeled welt, danite soles...

baldy%5B1%5D.gif
Well Allison just told me that the Promontory Point makeup I had selected cannot be made with a lining. I might have to see if I can swap it for an Eagle Country makeup...with pretty much those exact specs.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

First time posting. I have a pair of Wolverines 744 seconds on hold at the shoe bank for $399. Should I pull the trigger or does anyone have any insight on them coming back down to 299? Looks like I just missed it.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

Pull the trigger. Don't count on $299 shell again. Getting the 744s would be quite a kop and I'd love to see pics if you do buy them.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Holy crap! It's not the polished stuff like they used in the Morgans, is it? I am dying for some AE navy CXL (which AFAIK doesn't exist) but if I can get an MTO Leeds or Stewart in nice navy calf I'd have to seriously consider it.

Last edited:

feyy

Reaction score
Well Allison just told me that the Promontory Point makeup I had selected cannot be made with a lining. I might have to see if I can swap it for an Eagle Country makeup...with pretty much those exact specs.
please do, i'd love to see one made because i'm sure it'll look gorgeous. or you can ask her to give me the good price on your behalf. either or lol

feyy

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Pull the trigger. Don't count on $299 shell again. Getting the 744s would be quite a kop and I'd love to see pics if you do buy them.
i bought them and they arrived just last week:

some pitting on the toe caps is the issue:

here's an idea of their color in strong sunlight, from l - r the "color 449" mahogany 744's, alden #8 wt boot, ae burgandy cordovan dundee

chinngiskhaan

Reaction score
i guess there's a lot of us with non-buyers remorse
yeah, with most of the "deals" posted on here I am usually glad I didn't bite, but this eagle county MTO thing was a huge opportunity for a really nice looking shoe for a really cheap price. It was essentially a can't miss deal, i dont know it the deal is still on the table or not, but either way, I already spent my money on a pair of fifth streets which I do like very much.

chris45

Reaction score
I need to pickup a few AE belts -- if anyone has suggestions on sales/price discounts/recraft gift card balance/etc, I'm open for comments
biggrin.gif

- Dearborn Dress belt (bourbon)
- Manistee Dress belt (merlot)
- Cottonwood Casual (navy)

Does anyone have suggestions on a belt/color match for the Smokey Grey (6061) Long Branch's?

newguy123

Reaction score
Thank you! The manager at the outlet sent me the below pictures of the boots. I am not really an expert here, but I am having trouble finding any major issues. Hard to tell if the light is causing coloring issues in the picture.

C:\Users\KDACRUZ\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg

feyy

Reaction score
Those are gorgeous. If it were me, I'd keep them and not look back. If you really don't want them . . . what size are they?
i'm keeping them. even though my rotation is already boot heavy, $299 for shell is just a deal that i cannot ignore ;)

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! The manager at the outlet sent me the below pictures of the boots. I am not really an expert here, but I am having trouble finding any major issues. Hard to tell if the light is causing coloring issues in the picture.

C:\Users\KDACRUZ\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg

Buy those ASAP, they are fantastic looking!

Looks like the flaw is some stitching that is coming undone in the second pic up by the "1000 Mile". I think a cobbler should be able stitch it back quite easily.

Last edited:

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Buy those ASAP, they are fantastic looking!

Looks like the flaw is some stitching that is coming undone in the second pic up by the "1000 Mile". I think a cobbler should be able stitch it back quite easily.

^^ What he said. Those are gorgeous. $299 is unlikely to be seen ever again; even for $399 they're a steal.

Not sure what you mean by "coloring issues," but if you're talking about the variation in shading, that's one of my favorite things about shell cordovan. On our way to dinner on Saturday my wife pointed it out on my burgundy Daltons and mentioned that she wished her boots did that sort of thing.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Rush Street has landed. They just came in at my local menswear / shoe store. The shoe fits great (at least for me). It fits just like my Strands, but the chromexcel is softer and the Dainite sole is more flexible than the leather. I think this shoe will get a lot of wear as it will go with just about everything I wear except suits.

They also got the Carlyle in. Beatiful shoe in Walnut. But it was too tight across the top of my foot - I have a relatively high instep and a lot of plaintoes bite me across the top of my foot. I didn't try going up a half size, that might have helped. But the Carlyle is a beautiful shoe in Walnut.

Chris

It was a one of those "right place at the right time" days. I was at my local menswear / shoe store and the AE rep was there with the new Spring 2014 shoes and the preliminary Fall 2014 shoes. There are some great shoes coming in the Fall - suede, boots, loafers, etc. Lots of good stuff. He stated it's guaranteed they will all make actual production, but I bet most of them make it.

And I think I found my next purchase - the Rush Street. They look good on the website and they look better in person. He had a pair and I am going to have my local store order some in my size.

Here are the Rush Streets.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads