• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeviMay

Reaction score

The new burgundy is quite a bit browner. The current merlot is redder, with almost a purplish hue. Like the old burgundy.

Thanks for that!

I just got a pair of Burgundy McAllisters, and have a pair of Merlot MacNeils en route. Hearing about the more-purple-ish hue is music to my ears!

tsekh

Reaction score
Those Eagle County MTOs look awesome. I totally dismissed the standard Eagle County boots when I first saw them - it's like AE's attempt to make a Red Wing style work boot on a dress boot last.

I'm tempted to order a pair of MTO now.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Those Eagle County MTOs look awesome. I totally dismissed the standard Eagle County boots when I first saw them - it's like AE's attempt to make a Red Wing style work boot on a dress boot last.

I'm tempted to order a pair of MTO now.

I dunno. I feel like with the shape and style I might want something a little less casual for a material.

I am tempted as well, I have been thinking CXL also, but not sure if I will bite.

-Mike

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I am tempted as well, I have been thinking CXL also, but not sure if I will bite.

-Mike

CXL huh? What color? I was just looking at the AE calf offerings last night and I'm not really sure what I'd pick. Unfortunately the burgundy that was previously done is amazing, but I already have burgundy straight tip boots. Maybe chocolate like in the Dalton?
Or the brown burnished like the PA?

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CXL huh? What color? I was just looking at the AE calf offerings last night and I'm not really sure what I'd pick. Unfortunately the burgundy that was previously done is amazing, but I already have burgundy straight tip boots. Maybe chocolate like in the Dalton?
Or the brown burnished like the PA?

Allison told me the other day that they have some navy calf available :D

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Allison told me the other day that they have some navy calf available
biggrin.gif
I was also thinking a navy calf Eagle Country would be pretty amazing. I've been flirting with the idea of something in navy calf for a while, but can't decide on a make up.

rc121

Reaction score

I was also thinking a navy calf Eagle Country would be pretty amazing. I've been flirting with the idea of something in navy calf for a while, but can't decide on a make up. 

same here, but I'd really need to see swatches to see how blue it is.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Allison told me the other day that they have some navy calf available :D

I want something in navy just to have it because it is bad ass. I just still wonder how much I'd wear it.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want something in navy just to have it because it is bad ass. I just still wonder how much I'd wear it.

Well, for the man who has everything. ;)

My limited (11 pair) collection already has navy suede in it, so it's no go for me.

But I'm sure a dressy eagle county makeup in navy would be sexy.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

My limited (11 pair) collection already has navy suede in it, so it's no go for me.

I think if I could still get the MTO for the clearance price, I'd try it. But for $350 Id rather get a makeup that I know 100% I'll wear the crap out of.

rc121

Reaction score

navy with navy suede shaft, wowzers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads