1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Not sure if anyone posted about the Oak Streets...I just spotted them on the site...I like the first one but the second one really needs a Brown Dainite sole..AE HAS to start carrying that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Also McGregor's on sale for $299

3. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

Those look pretty good. Incidentaly, I emailed B. Nelson about brown Dainite and he's got it; I'll be using his services when a pair of minilug boots I have becomes worn down.

4. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

$271. I had them ordered into the store during the last sale, and they honored the sale price when I could finally pick them up.

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Feeling Austere today.

[​IMG]

On wet (but not raining) days like today, I'm rather glad that they mixed up the specs and have me dainite instead of v-tread...

Also, how difficult a tailoring job is it to get pant leg openings slimmed down? I got these pants for pretty cheap, but the flare is a little too much for my tastes.

6. ultravisitor

ultravisitor Senior member

I really like the natural colored one, but I wonder if they're going to have the same captoe creasing problem that the Lexington supposedly suffers from. I mean, other than the soles, they're the same shoe.

7. rostov

rostov Senior member

They *are* the Lexington in another leather. The title of the webpage wasn't even updated correctly, last I checked.

8. rostov

rostov Senior member

Yet the shoebank still has them for $299, or $309 for stone suede. [​IMG] Stone suede, by the way... I wasn't expecting it, but I fell in love when I saw it in person.

9. SkySaw

SkySaw Well-Known Member

They are Margom lug soles (not Dainite), so maybe you don't need that new phone after all [​IMG].

I think these shoes look perfectly appropriate with wool trousers, a sport-coat, and a tie. Although I frequently wear this kind of outfit, I don't often wear a suit. I'm not sure how formal the workplace would have to be to make Kiowas too casual; judging by the 'comfort dress shoes' that 90% of men wear, there are not very many of them.

10. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Looks sharp from here [​IMG].

Not hard at all to get your pants slimmed. Just measure the leg opening of one of the pants that you like; measure them flat, and tell the tailor. They will open the inside or outside seam (cant remember) and bring together/cut excess fabric. Cant remember if they start around the knees or hips. They have charged me ~$15.

11. rostov

rostov Senior member

AE's site says they have a "Toby mini lug" and that the shoe has a Poron insole: http://answers.allenedmonds.com/ans...-questions-answers/questions.htm?sort=recenta

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  12. jubu

jubu Senior member

Cleaning up the closet so I figured that I might as well get a group AE shot...slowly growing the collection--not quite as good as some others in this thread but hopefully will catch up one day:

Top Row (L to R): Bourbon Portland Boot, Merlot McAllister, Walnut Strand, Walnut Strand (Topy'd for rain use and heavily polished/burnished over the years).

Bottom Row (L to R): Snuff Suede Neumok, Brown Distressed Neumok, Snuff Suede Strandmok

[​IMG]

I should have had a Dk. Chili Burnished Fifth Ave to include but upon receiving them I realized there was a defect and had them sent back...hopefully can update this photo in a few weeks when I get the replacements.

1 person likes this.
  13. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

There were some recent posts about polishing bourbon shoes. I too have a Mora 2.0 in bourbon that is fairly new and I love the color. They are due for a treatment but I'm not sure exactly how to care for them. I chatted with someone on ae.com and they weren't very helpful. I'll most likely start by using neutral polish since that seems like the safest approach and then I can move to bourbon polish if needed but won't be able to easily go the other way. What I'm wondering is, will the conditioner/cleaner remove any of the color/burnishing? I also have the leather lotion which I understand is less "harsh". Which would you recommend I use, if any, or should I go straight to the neutral polish?

Suggestions? Thanks.

14. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I used leather lotion on my Mora 2.0 and Daltons to get squeaking out and just gently applied it and had no issue with the burnishing...I then waited a full 24 hours to put neutral polish on...again very lightly applied and brushed.

unless your shoes are getting really dirty or heavily scratched -that is all I would do and not polish very often just brush them. I am not a high shine person so I can not speak to getting a great shine on them.

15. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Black Hills and a few others are on sale for $199 -

I think the Black Hills in Walnut Waxy Brown with Toby mini lug is pretty bad arss for that price. I do not have much of a use for it due to other bad weather shoes I own already otherwise I would be all over that.

16. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Those are definitely not Dainite. Those are Toby mini lugs.
    I believe these are Toby mini lugs. The same one used for the Aberdeen. Haha sucks I'm not getting my iPhone 6.

17. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Senior member

Nice! Is it an MTO?

18. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Yes, it was an MTO of a webgem called Ardsley park.

19. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

What are you all using to touch up the light and medium brown transparent edging. I assume most are using neutral to maintain, but I need to touch up color. I'm considering transparent wood stain. What's everyone doing?

20. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Chili

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.