• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pudman43

Reaction score

Would you prefer another shoe on the clearance list that might be better for a business casual wear?  I usually just wear chinos with OCBD.
If it were me, I'd check out the following: Elgin, Players, Aberdeen, Sanford, Stewart, Banchory, Bradley or MacNeil...lol. But that's just me! Seriously though, there are some awesome choices right now on the clearance list. J

cincikid

Reaction score
Would you prefer another shoe on the clearance list that might be better for a business casual wear? I usually just wear chinos with OCBD.
Depends on your size, since many models are sold out. Aberdeen is a great shoe. I like the Elgin and Stewart as well.

Last edited:

cincikid

Reaction score
So many choices, my head is spinning lol.
Keep in mind that the deal you are getting right now for the 1st quality shoes is almost unprecedented. I only recall something similar once in the past, some time last year. I don't think it will happen again any time soon. If I were you, I would get 2 or 3 pairs, in the following order of preference: Aberdeen, Amok, Stewart/Elgin. In this case you cover all bases with a nice longwing, a chukka and a plain toe blucher (PTB) or a cap-toe oxford.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the deal you are getting right now for the 1st quality shoes is almost unprecedented. I only recall something similar once in the past, some time last year. I don't think it will happen again any time soon. If I were you, I would get 2 or 3 pairs, in the following order of preference: Aberdeen, Amok, Stewart/Elgin. In this case you cover all bases with a nice longwing, a chukka and a plain toe blucher (PTB) or a cap-toe oxford.
I actually wanted the snuff suede Amok and Elgin but its out of my size.

chris45

Reaction score
Hens' teeth? Yeah, I guess those are rare.

A virgin giving birth? I suppose that's unusual.

Brand-new, first-quality walnut shell Strands, straight from a forgotten shelf in an AE storage shed? NO WAY!!!

Well, here they are . . .

Sexy and you lucky bastard!
worship2.gif
What a great find and lovely heads up from @anrobit
Remind me your size again.. can I please come salvage your shoe rack
peepwall[1].gif
you must be running out of space for all that new Shell
worship.gif

chris45

Reaction score
I actually managed to purchase a pair of Walnut Shell Dundee's from a fellow SF member..

Lovely
fing02[1].gif

All this talk of Dundee shell is really making me itch for some... anyone have pics of wearing the Dundee's (more than just the downward angle shot)? @halfnhalfnhalf I'm sure you have some pics somewhere around there..

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Lovely 
fing02%5B1%5D.gif

All this talk of Dundee shell is really making me itch for some... anyone have pics of wearing the Dundee's (more than just the downward angle shot)? @halfnhalfnhalf
 I'm sure you have some pics somewhere around there..

Going to wear mine tomorrow. Will post pics tomorrow PM if no one has them available.

-Mike

bobbyz

Reaction score
I've been weighing my options for a snuff suede shoe and am torn between the Amok and the Neumok. Was looking for a good all purpose casual shoe that I could pair with a variety of stuff. Any thoughts on what might be a better choice?

I was a little hesitant on the Amok squeaking and sizing. Any thoughts on if it would it be better to go from E -> EEE or just go up a half size and keep the width the same?

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually managed to purchase a pair of Walnut Shell Dundee's from a fellow SF member...

I am planning to wear these bad boys tomorrow!

It honestly took me a while to warm up to the Chukka design, but these are now my third pair of Chukkas (first is Alden Color 8, second AE Snuff Amok - Definitely worth the $125ish that they run right now!!!)

-Mike
Beautiful color at a great price ... congratulations on your purchase.

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
Political Science PhD.

Obviously that means Daltons.
As a politico myself, I love the Daltons. I have 3 pair (1shell). Also, love the independence collection. I have 2 Jefferson (1 shell), the Rutledge and Williams. I think having a name like Thomas Jefferson on your feet is pretty cool. What is even cooler is having a name like Rutledge or Williams on your feet so you can tell the story of the namesake when someone asks. I studied history then went into politics. :)

AIK1891

Reaction score

I've been weighing my options for a snuff suede shoe and am torn between the Amok and the Neumok. Was looking for a good all purpose casual shoe that I could pair with a variety of stuff. Any thoughts on what might be a better choice?

I kind of avoided the decision this week by picking up both a tan suede Amok and bitter chocolate suede McGraw, giving me a range in casual. The snuff suede Neumok would fit right in the middle as a three-model (boot, wingtip, loafer) three-shade suede trifeca you could go for? ... just sayin' :D (I already have something different in the pipeline for my snuff suede gap-filler)

Last edited:

TaperedGent

Reaction score
I hate myself right now for not getting those Elgins when I first saw them yesterday. Forgot about it until after I left the office and then by the time I went back to get them they were already sold out. Really nothing else on there that I want at this point.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was told they had the leftover uppers and decided to finally get rid of them, hence a whole bunch of shoes previously sold out suddenly went on clearance. In many cases, they actually have to put the shoes together, which might take anywhere from a couple days to a few months, depending on the luck of the draw. 

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads