• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonsmithr8

Reaction score
Maiden voyage of my Bwn shell strands: Pix/flash makes them look a little more burgundish than brown. Breaking in nicely. Only issue is the left shoe wall is rubbing against the ball of my ankle bone. Will wear a bandaid there till that lessens. I only brushed them to remove some minor dust. I'm of the school that allows the AE polish to come off gradually with wear and application of the mac method. Really excited about these.
Looks fantastic!
1f44c.png

mikeharo

Reaction score

Maiden voyage of my Bwn shell strands:
Pix/flash makes them look a little more burgundish than brown. Breaking in nicely. Only issue is the left shoe wall is rubbing against the ball of my ankle bone. Will wear a bandaid there till that lessens. I only brushed them to remove some minor dust. I'm of the school that allows the AE polish to come off gradually with wear and application of the mac method. Really excited about these.
Looking good. Do you have other 5-last shoes? Did you go with the same size? These are on my list, but I am trying to nail down sizing on AE cordovan vs calf.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking good.

Do you have other 5-last shoes? Did you go with the same size? These are on my list, but I am trying to nail down sizing on AE cordovan vs calf.
I have the park ave in calf leather and I went with the same size for that. I also have the neumoks leather rough collection and I went with the same size for that, too.

AdamAdam

Reaction score
After I noticed that the MacNeil pebble grain was recently put on clearance with few sizes left, I inquired at my local store about any remaining availability and was told that there was nothing left in my size and that it appeared that there was also no more leather left to even make one up. Seems that this is a staple. What gives?

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After I noticed that the MacNeil pebble grain was recently put on clearance with few sizes left, I inquired at my local store about any remaining availability and was told that there was nothing left in my size and that it appeared that there was also no more leather left to even make one up. Seems that this is a staple. What gives?

No shortage of them at BB.

AdamAdam

Reaction score

No shortage of them at BB.

Nothing other than D widths at BB.

Dillardiv

Reaction score

So getting a little off topic here but you've touched on something I am curious about. I frequent the bar scene and sometimes wear my AE's and the next morning am very disappointed in my lack of judgement in shoe selection. I've gone back to wearing old sneakers. For those around here that hit the bars occasionally, what is the shoe of choice to look sharp but you won't care too much if they get dinged up a lot. I'm seriously taking a look at putting down a $20 investment in some crap eBay shoes or something... Suggestions?

I usually wear my brown Wings & Horns/Dayton service booth (basically just a basic looking brown blucher boot) to bars. They get kind of beat up but that's sort of the point and they look good too. Maybe some type of chukka (Clarks?) would serve this purpose pretty well? Although perhaps you're looking for an AE option.

AIK1891

Reaction score

Still can't see. Maybe because I'm using the iPhone and the mobile AE website is loading :)

I load the regular site on my iPad and see the different offers slideshow by, but to actually access the customizer I need to be on my laptop with flash. If you can go into the customizer, you can click on the Neumok there and it's at the promotional price

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I once had the better part of a pint of Guinness dumped onto my Cole-Haan spectators. Was at my cobbler's the next morning waiting for them to open. There's still a faint shadow of the beer on the fabric. Grrr. Lesson learned. (Thank God they weren't AEs!)

Last edited:

tjyoung

Reaction score

I usually wear my brown Wings & Horns/Dayton service booth (basically just a basic looking brown blucher boot) to bars. They get kind of beat up but that's sort of the point and they look good too. Maybe some type of chukka (Clarks?) would serve this purpose pretty well? Although perhaps you're looking for an AE option.

Thanks for the response and ideas. And no, you are correct in that I was looking for something other than AE. Don't want to beat up a nice pair of shoes when hardly anyone will notice them at a dimly lit bar or club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads