1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryansto

ryansto Well-Known Member

This is the one color I haven't seen images of. Waiting on some clarification, but I'm imagining it may be similar to the Chocolate calf Dalton. Very dark. I'll confirm when I hear more.

2. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

@ryansto

Thank you so much for getting the word out about the new shell colors. Even though the trunk shows aren't happening for another few weeks, it appears that at least one person (@mdubs ) has already placed an order via email. I assume that means email and phone orders are being taken even as we speak. Consequently, I'm concerned that certain colors may run out pretty quickly. Do you have any idea how much of each color will be available (for example, how many pairs)?

Thanks!

3. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

I have always been required to prepay mto items upon order.
    Probably a good thing for me.

But recent Gmto orders here at SF have been billed when the shoes ship, so it could go either way...

SF affiliation may add a modicum of trust, hence the generous bill-when-shipping policy.

4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

My recent MTO (Non Group) was indeed paid upfront

5. Wood

Wood Active Member

PSA there are some good deals up on Amazon right now. I just picked up a Clark Street for $160 with amazon prime shipping and free returns. Seems like pretty limited numbers and sizes though.

6. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

7. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Are able to confirm that "natural brown" is indeed undyed natural shell?

8. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

9. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Great shoe!

10. tradbrah

tradbrah Senior member

Would it be overkill to have both a walnut Sanford and walnut Strand? Planning on darkening the Sanford with chili polish.

11. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Thanks to you and @evolved . Was wondering how things would work with this special shell offer.

12. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

What do you guys recommend for my Walnut Flatirons if I want to keep the walnut color long-term? With my black Fifth Aves I semi-regularly use kiwi black carnuba shoe polish with no complaints. Any similar products I should get for the walnuts?

13. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

Beautiful. Are these Cappuccino/Truffle McAllisters or Jeffersons? I can't see the top of the shoe to determine myself. Still trying to figure out if such a Jefferson exists for the table below.

14. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I think Mdubs has a cappuccino Jefferson, he should be able to add the code for the table.

I checked my Truffle McAllisters the other day and they match what is there

1 person likes this.
  15. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

They are the McAllisters, the code you have is correct. Great job at updating the table, you may need to start adding another column for navy and green soon :)

1 person likes this.
  16. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

And Natural and Dark Dark Brown! ;)

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make new numbers for these since they're similar to MTOs, but we'll see.

17. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I did mine as a MTO and not the Webgem. Correspondingly, according to my invoice, the model number listed is 7605. Unfortunately, I am not at home and none of the pics that I have on my phone show the inside of the shoe, so I sadly can not confirm that is the number printed in the shoe.

-Mike

18. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Wearing my brown shell Dundees today, awesome chukka and some great rolls developing on them. Has become on of my favs from AE even though I never even initially wanted a pair. My SA convinced me to give it a shot and I've never looked back.

[​IMG]

19. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Man, you are really slipping. Lol

20. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I would guess that the Dark Brown Shell will resemble the right most pair. But that is just a guess.

[​IMG]

-Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.