1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

This is brilliant. I really wish I was in the States for this occasion. Alas, I am out of the continent and on budget constraints. I would love the MacNeil in navy shell... However, what does the natural brown and 'deep dark brown' look like?

2. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

We are hoping to find out soon on colors... I am hoping it is the standard Natural Shell Color though! Start saving some change and drop any coffee habits or whatever to get some loose change!

3. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

If that really is the case then I'm in for a natural shell Leeds or Strand...

4. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

I was planning a long Christmas vacation as I still have 9 vacation leaves unused for my 2014 quota. With this shell trunk shoe though, I'll just sell them back to the company. I'll be laughing hohohohoh in the office wearing my navy and natty shells!

1 person likes this.
  5. ryansto

ryansto Well-Known Member

About that...
    After a few emails yesterday, I received a response from our VP of production today. Here's the scoop:

The original six styles I posted will be available with no upcharge, guaranteed shipped by 12/22.
    You may have any other welt in the current active lineup made (the EC would be ordered as a First Ave) but the $125 fee will be added and the 12/22 ship date may not apply. Hope this helps some of you guys make your decisions!

6. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Whooooo, what to do, what to do. Are my green/navy Graysons worth the $125 up charge or should I just do a Dundee

7. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

Thanks for clarifying! If I could ask one other question -- I'm an AA width. Lasts exist to make all of the shoes mentioned in AA widths, but only the Park Avenue and Strand are available that way stock. If I wanted a natty shell Dundee, I'd be in it for an additional fee on top, correct?

8. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Ugh part of me was hoping they would stick to the six and save me money....dang.

Hmmm.....well I guess it won't be bad...since a shell boot is what 725 so then another 125...that is 850....not sure I will be pulling that trigger.

Natural shell first Ave boot, double sole, dark brown or black welt with white stitching,commando tap would have been bad ass...

Blue or green shell bleeker street would have been nice too.

This is an awesome opportunity but on the heels of 5 ae mtos, a viberg, an alden, blue rush st..I may stick to the Dundee or Patriot.

9. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

This is fabulous, and in the middle of the Cordovan shortage too.

10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Thanks for clarifying! Would other details of the shoe (sole, edge color) be customizable too?

I mostly care about the sole...

11. ryansto

Yes, sir.

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Ugh....make it stop....bank account is crying.

13. mbatta557

mbatta557 New Member

Brown grain Hamptons today. Took some bumps & bangs on the toes during the morning commute.[​IMG]

14. evolved

evolved Senior member

I'm lusting after either the natural brown or navy patriots.....quick question....what would the next darker welt/edge be from natural?

Edit: I misread the original post....this isn't for CXL. $650 for loafers is a bit steep, in my opinion, lol.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  15. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

To all you MTO vets: when do they want the $$. You pay upfront? Does your CC get charged when the shoes are delivered? Thanks.

16. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

How about some weave today - wearing the Hampstead. Anybody else wearing woven today?
    [​IMG]

Chris

17. evolved

evolved Senior member

My CC was always charged upon shipment of the MTO shoe.

18. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

Are these customizations welt/eyelets etc subject to charge or included in the price?

19. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

@ryansto Any more information on the dark, dark brown cordovan? I'd be curious how this looks.

20. ryansto

They are included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.