1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lemmy127

lemmy127 Senior member

Unbranded Woodlore

Sign up for their email and wait for a 30-40% off code to show up and you can get these at $11-$13 a pop.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  2. SkySaw

SkySaw Well-Known Member

Me too, 'cause it looks great. Websites like J. Crew have good examples of blue pants or suits with light brown shoes. I've burnished the toes of my walnut Players to tame them a little. Light shoes draw attention, so they have to work with the outfit. That's why I find walnut shoes jarring against jeans; to me it looks stylistically incongruous.

3. Brown Dynamite

Brown Dynamite Senior member

+1

I had this happen to my firsts black McAllisters (worn about 8 times) with leather soles. I dealt with AE via email and they sent me a label to ship them back for inspection. Received a call from a lady a couple of days later and she informed me that they would send me another pair.

Something similar started happening on my seconds Carlyles and I sent a picture over to my SA who told me to let him know if they got any worse and he'd get me another pair. The Carlyles aren't as bad, but we'll see what happens in the next couple of wearings.

Pretty stellar CS for both firsts and seconds if you ask me.

4. Principle

Principle Senior member

This is fantastic! Thank you.

5. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Dang, wished I had seen this earlier. I'm a 9.5D on the Brannock, but love all my 5-last shoes at 10D. Everyone seems to have sized up 1/2 from their 5-last size, and that put me off a bit. I was eyeing a black 10D on the shoe bank, but someone snagged it. Hope it was someone here!

Just as well, the car's check engine light came on this weekend. Gotta see how many pairs of AE's that's gonna cost.

6. Denton

Denton Senior member

Look buddy, I'm trying to buy a house and come up with the down payment! The bill for the check engine light doesn't seem so big now!

Sorry you missed the Shaker Heights, it's a fun boot to wear. If it's any consolation it's still in production in the brown/olive so you'll have your chance, I'm sure there's another pair on closeout that will show up.

7. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

New to the forum......ran into super deals at Macy's this weekend; University in black for $102, gridiron for $82, and Hanover bourbon for $127. Could not resist all three. Also had Carlyle for same price as the Hanover, but 1/2 size too big [​IMG]. 3 pairs for less than the regular price of one!!

8. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

You just missed the JAB sale. Several times a year they have them 3 for $25:
    http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_101593
    They are the exact same Woodlore trees as the AE trees, just with the JAB name on 'em. I'm sure the sale will be back within a few months. Just plan on stocking up then.

9. Irish

Irish Senior member

Are folks using the regular Chili polish on Bob's Chili? Mixing it with brown? Or is there a Bob's Chili polish that I'm not seeing? Great color -- picked up a pair of Fifth Ave. seconds to try it out -- but I'm not sure the best way to shine 'em up.

10. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

Had my first instance of rubbing vehicles together on the lot in over four years. At least one pair of AE, probably more.

11. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

It's my understanding that grain textured leather is (always? usually? sometimes?) corrected grain, which would explain this effect.

12. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Oy. I always wonder how often that actually happens.

Sorry, bro.

13. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

What is "rubbing vehicles"?

14. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

When vehicles rub together, causing damage to one or both.

15. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard Senior member

OK, so the first sentence has been explained. Now what does the second mean?

16. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard Senior member

17. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Ahh...all this makes so much sense now. Haha....I thought it was shoe terminology.

18. lemmy127

lemmy127 Senior member

I still don't get it.

19. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

LOL. Good luck with the house hunting.

I started it a page back when I said:

Quote:
    The shop called a little while ago, and the cost is less than a pair of seconds boat shoes. Back to checking out the sale!

Speaking of which, any opinions on the Shelton? I saw a few on ebay and many seemed to have serious creasing across the vamp. Is this common?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  20. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

Took me awhile too.

But, it sounds like...
    a fender bender may have cost LeviMay a few pairs of shoes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.