1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thehaven22

thehaven22 Well-Known Member

Should I bite on the seconds Park Avenue for $249? I am a senior in college and I have a pair of brown burnish Fifth Avenues to carry me through any interviews the rest of the year, although I don't have a pair of black dress shoes so it would be nice to have the option. If I pass up, it would be to wait for a better deal since I'd want a pair eventually. Would a better deal come up any time soon? My size is also a 6.5 E, so there is a higher chance of it not being in stock at a 3rd party seller.

2. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

There will be at least one opportunity a year to buy the reduced seconds of PA's - this RDA sale in October. There are other attractive sales on seconds throughout the year, but it does not always include the PA's. You must to determine need vs. available cash.

3. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

4. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Black Park Aves rarely go on sale. Firsts or seconds. 250 is an ok price. But for 30$ more, you could get first quality black 5th aves. I can't imagine a scenario where wearing a black punch cap instead of stitch cap will cost you a job.

The Nordy Anniversary sale in July is the best chance to get black PAs for a good price.

You may also be able to find black Harrison 2nds in your size on deeper discount.

5. beavisvons

beavisvons New Member

The Allen Edmonds for Brooks Brothers Park Avenue & Fifth Ave are both on sale for $149. If they have them in your size, that would be the cheapest option.

6. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Oh yes, how could I forget!!

Def call the shoe bank and see if they have the brooks brothers black park Abe in your size. That's a great deal.

7. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

Oops. Yes, get the BB PA's or 5th Aves now if they have your size. You won't beat the $149 price. Like @peppercorn78 said, you have to call for the list of shoes available in your size. Call Jill at (740) 948-9033. I just bought a pair of BB 5th Aves for $149.

8. thehaven22

thehaven22 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately, there are no Brooks Brothers Park Avenues or 5th Avenues in my size. I will probably get the regular seconds Park Avenues some point soon though.

9. njruss

njruss Senior member

How about the Jos A Bank Boardroom? Isn't that the same as the PA?

10. beavisvons

beavisvons New Member

Same style, different last, IIRC the Boardroom is only $129.

11. 850csi

850csi Senior member

I bought a pair of Promontory Points secondhand; the seller had thrown away the original orthotics that come with the boots, does anyone know how I'd go about getting replacements? They're not the brown ones that AE sells.

12. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

BURGUNDY SHELL CORDOVAN STRAND UPDATE!!!

OK everyone – this is the make-up we are trying to get done:
    • Strand
    • Burgundy shell cordovan
    • Independence lining & insole
    • Medium brown transparent edge dressing
    • Chili normal welt
    • Single JR sole
    • Wheeling & fudging
    • Brown slip bead

This is who has committed to this -
    @Polojock615
    @Cxk5075
    @tdes81
    @Gatszu
    @Suitntieguy
    @Indyoshi68
    @sungmineyo
    @Shawnc
    @hp5273
    @Mean Mr Mustard

WE ONLY NEED TWO MORE!!!! Who is in?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  13. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Can anyone please post the outsole length for a 8.5 sized AE Strand? Looking to make a purchase but not near an AE store...I normally wear 9.5 in Nikes and an 8.5 in Carminia (which has a bit of heel slippage). Thanks!

14. gatszu

gatszu Senior member

Outsole dimension is not accurate to determine size. The outsole is manually trimmed and will vary wildly in size. A left and right shoe may not have same outsole dimension. You should be fitted.

15. Denton

Denton Senior member

How was the fit for you? I measure 10.5E on Brannock but for whatever reason comfortable in 10.5 D even on 5 last.

I ordered 10 D...will I be returning them? Chili looks great!

16. bradybot

bradybot Active Member

I think the old catalogs are great. Here is my redux with my bourbon Fifth Avenues.
    I obviously have too much time on my hands.[​IMG]

17. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I ordered my Shaker Heights in the same size as 95% of all my other AE's (couple of Rough Collection shoes 1/2 size smaller than the rest) and they fit great. I can't say, but you might want to go with the 10.5 in the Shaker Heights.

Chris

18. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Shaker is forgiving on width so you may luck out. However length wise I take a 12 on the 65 and 13 on shaker

19. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

[​IMG]

GMTO for brown shell Dundees forming over at the Allen Edmonds MTO thread. Trying to get it in during the RDA sale for sale pricing. Check it out!

1 person likes this.
  20. MichaelKnight

MichaelKnight Well-Known Member

How does this work? I've been watching for some of these in my size on ShoeBank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.