1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

I believe the waxy brown LB's have been discontinued. Unless you wear an 8D (last pair) or you luckily discovered seconds in your size, they are no longer available.

I have the dark brown LB's and there was some burnishing on the toe cap. It does not look exactly like the photo as I assume every pair is different. It looks different now that I've worn and conditioned / polished them. The toe box and heel piece are smoother leather where as the vamp and shaft are more textured.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

For the Townleys TTS should fit for most. Which is also a half size up from my 65 shoes. 65 Last = 11.5D (dress calf) 511 Last = 12D.

3. Kingston83

Kingston83 Active Member

Quote:I have but it is always to the same effect.

4. Kingston83

Kingston83 Active Member

Quote:Can I ask where the ball of your foot sits? Is it in the widdest portion of the shoe? With my experience in all the sizes that I haven't felt comfortable in, only the 8EEE fit the ball in the correct position. The 8.5 sits it back slightly behind the widest point and I would assume that the 9.5 would be even more drastic.

5. Kingston83

Kingston83 Active Member

Quote:I'm not actually going by the room that I have in front of my toes, but rather where the ball of foot sits in the relation to the widest part of the shoe(s), and the amount of volume/depth above my toes in the vamp, not the toe box. I am going to the AE store again on Saturday to try on some shoes that they ordered in for me.

6. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

[​IMG]

Here's my new pair. Not the best photo, but to answer the question, the light color toe you see in pics isn't evident on mine.

1 person likes this.
  7. Kafkanuto

Kafkanuto New Member

Thanks for the tip! My fault for not checking the available sizes though. Just ordered the dark brown LB's online and can't wait for them to get here!

8. Kafkanuto

Kafkanuto New Member

They still look awesome though,with or without that light colored toe. Really appreciate the photo,i'm liking that color even more now!

9. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

10. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

The Short Hills store looks great right now - TONS more shoes on display including all the Rush St's, Neumoks and Bleekers...Yes the Bleekers look a million times better in person and while they had nothing in my size to try on the toe cap looked ok to me.

Bought the Rush St's and the blue was much richer than the what I had seen prior..also it seems that Neumok blue is a little more blue than that super dark navy...very nice.

The Rush St's back seems from the heel up were off center by a decent amount but for the sale price it was not a dealbreaker and in 12EEE they look a little football shaped on my foot but I love them.

Hope they release the Oxblood soon as I want a bleeker in it...the SA said the early oxblood samples she saw were great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  11. tradbrah

tradbrah Senior member

I want to verify my sizing in a couple styles, but don't have an Allen Edmonds retail store close by.

Would you trust Nordstrom's to correctly size AE shoes? One of my concerns is that they do not have the availability of different widths that an AE retail location would have.

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Get the best fit possible then report your findings here and you will get great feedback on which way to go.

13. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I haven't been in the market for any AEs lately, but I still love this thread. Those chili grain MacNeils in your first picture look fantastic. If the 7 last fit my foot better, I would probably have several MacNeils in different leathers - maybe an all-MacNeil collection! I love the grain leathers in that shoe.

14. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

Nope. Went there to get measured and the sales girl kicked the brannock toward me so I could use it. She didn't even bend over. Dedicated shoe store salespeople are marginally better. The department store folks may work in the juniors dept one day, men's shoes the next and home goods the next. God help you!

15. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

16. tradbrah

tradbrah Senior member

That's what I feared. I looked online and they only carry D widths in store.

Anyone know of some AE retail partners in either Portland or Seattle?

17. suitntieguy

suitntieguy Senior member

Thanks to your pictures I just ordered that chili strand - thanks buddy!!!!

18. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

19. Skatenc123

Skatenc123 Senior member

Better pics of my Walnut shell Dalton
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Kingston83

Kingston83 Active Member

I don't want to tell you your shoe size, but according to what you've reported your actual size is a 13 at least in length for that foot. The heel to ball measurement is the one that matters in terms of correct fit. The distance between the ball and where your toes end is of little consequence. If your toes were to be cut off at the second joint you would still wear the same shoe size. So you actually wear a full size less in the #5 last and depending on the width, can go up a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.