1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Well-Known Member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

2. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Hahaha...I would do that dundee build on the bleeker st...wonder if Paul would agree to waive mto fee for a gmto of 6 if a current style? Did we ever find that out?

3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

No, it's strictly 12, no matter what the model.

I like the look of the Bleecker Street in calf. Particularly bourbon. And it's $100 off now. Daaaaaang.

I might still be able to do dundee. That is, if it even goes forward.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  4. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

Just stopped by AE to check out the new models. The Bleeker Street looked cool, but the cap is a little too short for me. #parkaveproblems

I'm still in love with the Jeffersons, but I have enough wingtips and longwings as it is.

I take back what I said about the suede on AE shoes. I inspected the suede on the fifth avenue and the new Gobi. The sude is soft, however, they still don't feel as thick or rich as Alden suede I've handled. However, for the price, AE's suede is not bad.

5. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Yeah that is true...too funny

6. MichaelKnight

MichaelKnight Well-Known Member

For the Canadians, Nordstrom has matched many of these prices for 1st, appears to be converted to Canadian dollars (not further marked up like some other stores), they are offering duty free on check out, just normal HST and $9.95 shipping. Ebates.com has 6% cash back at Nordstrom so this seemed to be a reasonable option to avoid surprise duty provided they have the style/colour/size of interest.

I put an order in for seconds at store opening the day the sale started, unfortunately they put my order down wrong and one of the shoes went out of stock. They said they would honour the original sales price on seconds but I can't decide on an alternative. I've ordered the usual walnut strand and black Park Avenue. I've ordered Bourbon FIfth Ave through Nordstrom. Any other suggestions for seconds? I've only tried on the 5-85 last locally (8.5E).

Cheers

7. MichaelKnight

Could anyone provide their size in Dundee vs Park/Fifth/Strand? I'm 8.5E in the later. Thanks!

8. FatTuesday

I'm 11.5E in the Dundee and Dalton (511 last) and 11.5E in Fifth Avenue / Cambridge (65 last). I do find the 65 last to be ever-so-slightly narrower, but not enough for me to alter the size.

9. MichaelKnight

Thanks!!

10. JJGNYC

JJGNYC Member

Thanks -- they fit great; I'll go ahead and keep -- did not know shell would crease.

11. watchidiot

watchidiot Well-Known Member

They roll :)

12. nomos

nomos Active Member

I received my custom made Park Avenues today and the left shoe has anl area on the inner side where there are noticeable wrinkles.
    I understand custom ordered shoes are not refundable but what kind of options do they offer in this situation?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. hohneokc

hohneokc Well-Known Member

My latest AE acquisition - and it's not shoes. I decided to try some of their new socks. They look and feel great. I'm looking forward to trying them out.
    [​IMG]

Chris

14. Trader George

Trader George Well-Known Member

I see what you're talking about, but how do they look when they're on your feet? I personally would be satisfied with those, and that is saying A LOT coming from me. If you don't know what I'm referencing, go back a few pages and see my concerns about my Daltons. However, if you're unsatisfied with the shoes, AE will DEFINITELY take care of you, just contact them about your concern.

Very nice! I've actually got quite a few socks from Allen Edmonds and I love every single one of them. The funny thing is that I was telling my SA about this thread, and when I called him today regarding an order, he said he checked out the site. He then went on to say he actually recognized which posts were mine by the socks/shoe combos hehe.

15. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member

I wore mine today as well, really enjoyed them. $13/pair on RDA isn't terrible but my standards are low as my socks are old and worn.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  16. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Those are absolutely killer! Sadly I let go of my pair this week, I just have too many shoes that require a shoe expert to tell the differences between them. Enjoy them in the best of health sir!

17. nickatpsu

nickatpsu Active Member

Quote:Did you get some of the "dark chili burnished" Strands from Shoebank? I remember seeing those at $219 and almost popped ($249 now), but I wasn't sure what they'd look like. No photo up on their site, just saw the "image coming soon" inventory at the bottom of the list. I ended up getting a $325 burgundy shell Macneil instead. The Nordstrom chili Strand photo looks awesome...may need to rethink.

18. FatTuesday

The burgundy shell Macneils are truly classics (style and color) and will probably long outlast the chili Strand in both style and life of shoe. That said, I'm also being pulled by this new chili color on the McGregor.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  19. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

You're Plain Toe Bro!!!

On Twitter. I'm PCorneliusMusic

Ha.

20. rostov

rostov Well-Known Member

You follow me as well. Cross-posting is a road to ruin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.