1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lemmy127

lemmy127 Senior member

Well, technically you are saving $49.50 per pair from the regular seconds price. It's just that we all know that's far from the best deal possible. When I was at the Shoe Bank last week picking up some shell, a mom and her high school- or early college-aged son were there to buy him some shoes. They ended up buying 2 pairs at the full $299 a pair price. They probably had no idea that if they just waited a month or two, they could have saved $300.

2. narcissism

narcissism Senior member

I actually found the RL Sandersons at Nordstrom Rack of all places and at $199, I thought they were a great deal!

3. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Ok, so after working on these last night, to get off the mass amounts of polish I finally know what the flaw is on them. They were indeed firsts but it seems one was on display for a bit as it has lightened up, the lighter shoe has a sticker mark on the sole so I should have clued in. I have to say they did a good job of evening it out and if I wasn't such a nut about getting down to the bare cordovan I bet no one would have known. I finally had to resort to Renomat last night as it was really that much polish on them.

That being said I will lighten up the other shoe a bit in my window to even them out. If they aren't in natural light it is that much harder to tell the color difference so it won't take long to get them closer in color.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Cross posting from the MTO thread. My Clark St in russet brown Dublin which I will probably return because of wrong color stitching and topline binding
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Thanks for looking. Will post again once I get replacement pair.

1 person likes this.
  5. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

Too bad they don't work out for you. They actually look pretty good watch. I may have to give some serious thought about the dark brown with Danite sole.

What size are these if you don't mind I'm a asking?

6. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

That's $139.50 off per pair if this includes the Independence Collection...

7. DayTripper

DayTripper Senior member

I just received my burgundy leeds from the shoebank sale and they're in fairly good condition as far as construction and stitching goes, but they do have numerous scratches all over as if they were a display model. One of them is a bit deep and if I run my finger over it, I can feel it. Will this buff out with some cordovan cream? [​IMG]

8. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

For $325, if that's the worse defect on the shoe, I'd keep them. Real life will cause much more distress on your shoes!

9. njruss

njruss Senior member

Is new management trying to figure out how much more they can sell seconds for than they have been?

10. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Yes, but I would just brush it for a while and it may come out without product

1 person likes this.
  11. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Looks like it. It appears that I've been priced out of seconds as well for most of the year haha.

12. mrfixit

mrfixit Senior member

you shouldn't even need any cream for that. rub with a damp rag and buff. It should come out easily.

13. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Thanks Youngsweet. I went with my 5 last size 8E. Worked well with the 108 last.

14. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

They look pretty sleek even with wider width. I will need to figure out what my size is in the 108 last

15. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Senior member

Wait. You custom ordered those ugly shoes now you are complaining that there are minor defects and you are going to return them? If I were AE I'd cut you off for good in future.

16. lemmy127

lemmy127 Senior member

Minor defects? They got the specs he ordered completely wrong. Say what you will about the upper's leather color, but the black stitching and binding are the culprits of what makes the shoes look bad, and that's what was screwed up in the specs.

17. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Well I'm very lucky then that you're obviously not AE and they care more about getting my business than your opinion.

1 person likes this.
  18. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Don't feed the trolls guys :)

2 people like this.
  19. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

Daltons in 12E are feeling a little too big. I really need an 11-1/2 E or 12D. Hoping for a pair to turn up soon for a quick exchange.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FatTuesday [​IMG]
    Got the Cambridge & Randolphs in today. Cambridge looks perfect to me. They have no seconds mark on the sole and came with shoe bags - and they fit perfectly!! Randolphs have the seconds marks, but look perfectly fine to me.
    No word on the Dundees, which has me worried. Those I wanted most! Just pinged my SA to see what's going on.
    So, finally got word on the burgundy Dundees from the shell sale. Apparently in good shape except for some markings on the outside rear of the right shoe. My SA sent photos. It appears to be in the finish and not in the leather, but hard to tell from the photo. I pulled the trigger to check them out in person (my $10 gamble).
    A question to fellow SF members: Did any of you buy and return these 11-1/2 D burgundy shell Dundee seconds?  Before I marry her, I first want to know who dated her! Really just looking for feedback on condition.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  20. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

If anyone has any Amok's in 8E in Snuff or finds some, can you please let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.