1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unjung

unjung Senior member

PA.

My burgundy pair are a substantially different leather than my blacks or browns.

2. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

Funny! I shot in a charity clay shoot to benefit a local high school about 3 weeks ago. Rec'd several compliments and comments on my boots (which ARE wing tips!). A few wanted to know where to get them. Who knows, maybe AE got some business from that outing!

3. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

There is a good chance that it is polished cobbler leather although they haven't made the PA in it for a long time now. If the number inside the shoe is 5675 then it is the old cobbler leather number for the PA. My Sheltons are polished cobbler and they have held up well, although I don't really care for the creasing so much. But make for a good foul weather shoe.

4. unjung

unjung Senior member

You nailed it. Thank you. Are new burgundy PAs the same calf as the blacks and browns? Or should I be looking at cordovan if I want a reasonable quality burgundy from AE?

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

The burgundy and merlot that AE uses now is identical to the browns in quality.

1 person likes this.
  6. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

How did your mora 2.0 break in? I just got a pair and they're a bit tight around the pinky toe; should I expect them to loosen up?

thanks.

7. rostov

rostov Senior member

Has anyone else seen these yet? Spotted today at my local AE retail... A new suede, lined chukka. They're calling it "Gobi".

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Which last is it on? whats the price? give us the deets!!!

9. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

I got the tan suede a few months back but they are fairly big, not sure what last they were on, not much information from the box and the shoe. These were seconds and have Red Danite sole. Here are some pictures I took before returning them since they did not fit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  10. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

was planning on getting a pair of mora 2.0s and strands from a shop in toronto called rego that was having a 2 for 589 promotion, however it has apparently ended so im back on the hunt. any places that could have a deal on multiple pairs or has frequent sales? i keep an eye on shoebank but am not aware of other potential places

thanks

11. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Honestly man your best bet would be the shoe bank. Toronto sucks for AE shoes

12. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard Senior member

It's not the greatest shot (my right knee is kind of in the way) but here are my merlot Park Aves on the streets of Tokyo. Not plasticky at all. I just wish they'd use a slightly brighter shade -- looking forward to the new Oxblood in the spring.

[​IMG]

13. rostov

rostov Senior member

I don't know which last, but I think the price was was $299; it wasn't less. Has a Dainite sole and a choice of colors. If the website doesn't carry it by tomorrow, I can call to find out more. Until then, here is a photo of the insole... [​IMG]

14. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

Interesting, I was told they were prototype that went wrong so they are seconds, they are about half of that price. The only number that was in the shoe was 8896.

They don't look as sleek as the amok, but with the Danite sole, I'd prefer them.

15. rostov

rostov Senior member

Full shell inventory for those interested in the upcoming sale: http://hastebin.com/owetuzucuq.vbs

I apologize for the formatting and difficulty in determining sizes. Basically, DIM=3E means 3E, and SIZE=105 means 10.5, as is usual AE parlance.

EDIT: see http://1drv.ms/1tuO1HH instead, for the full shoe-bank inventory. The headers have filters that you may set to select sizes, widths, and colors.

EDIT #2: update for 2014/9/11: http://1drv.ms/ZhQD2y

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  16. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Thanks Rostov. I may be reading it wrong but i dont see anything smaller than size 10.

17. eyeheartny

eyeheartny Well-Known Member

Awesome service, how did you manage to get that info? If there's a way to scrape the Shoe Bank for multiple sizes simultaneously like this, I'd love to find out how. PM me if you want.

18. rostov

rostov Senior member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  19. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

My Shell Cordovan Graysons arrived yesterday. After a little cleaning up and a lot of brushing they look great. These actually came from the error in pricing they had a couple weeks back on the shoebank site. The size I wanted was held for someone else, and they backed out. So I got them and they honored the mistaken price. Great customer service. I couldn't be happier with the treatment I have received from AE throughout the years. I gotta say though, I don't think these are seconds. I think they were wore on carpet once, and then returned. There is no seconds marking on the bottom and I can't find any noticeable issues that would make them seconds. All in all, this is a great score for me. This is my 10th pair of Shell. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

These look great GOP! The Grayson is probably my favorite AE shoe :) if the MTO program was still available, is get them in all sorts of leather and suede.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.