1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Oh wow. Thats a bit surprising. It took a while for the Pelle Line 9.5s to go. So maybe 11E might take a while. Could get a good deal possibly for the RDA sale.

2. MiamiLex

MiamiLex Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that 11E was a first and not a seconds model?

3. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Dundee in brown is on my list too...pretty specific as to what I want with it which looks like the below..and I have not ruled out the below however I would prefer the AE Dundee to the Alden as I think the three eyelet will allow for a better fit over the two. AE rarely ever has anything good shell wise in my size so I am holding out no hope to pick up a Brown shell Dundee on sale-if I did it would be over to B Nelson in two minutes to replicate the below.

[​IMG]

4. Wood

Wood Active Member

With all the talk of Dundees I wanted to post my new pair of Dundee in black calf. They are seconds and were listed as closeouts so I was able to grab them as part of the 2 for $300 sale a while back. I was not able to see any flaws with them. Its too bad they don't offer these in other shades of calf.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

There was a Brown Dundee MTO a few months ago that I would base mine off of. Flat chili (I think) welt and medium brown edge. Either way the flat welt looked great on the Dundee.

6. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I will have to look for that image..I often like the flat wheeled welt

7. mrfixit

mrfixit Senior member

dangit. i was planning on buying those Thursday. oh well, you saved me some money.

8. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Here you go. Post 956 in MTO. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Beautiful, there should be a GMTO for this (or any Dundee for that matter)...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    2 people like this.
  10. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

The toe seems more pronounced than the standard Dundee, I guess due to the flat welt. Agree looks very nice.

11. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

What's the appeal of the Dundee over other chukkas such as Alden's? legit question, I'm unsure and haven't tried them on before so I'm just wondering.

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

AE has 3 eyelts which many prefer as it seems if your fit is not perfect with the Alden version the 2 eyelets do not give enough secure the shoe...At least that is from what I could gather.

13. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Possibly, there is less of a transition. Also I think it could be that angle too.

14. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

Apparently, the walnut Dalton is in Serravalle, Italy and out of reach to us in the US. Too bad, since I may have been able to squeeze into it! It is a factory second, btw. Worth a trip to Italy???

I was able to nab a pair of burgundy shell Dundees! Let's see what shape they are in.

15. eyeheartny

eyeheartny Well-Known Member

Did you nab those Dundees on eBay or through a seconds sale?

16. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

I'll tell you on September 11. [​IMG]

17. evilWagon

evilWagon Senior member

Whoever just scooped the 15D Malvern and Brown Shell Dundee... kudos you just beat me.

18. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

[​IMG]

The Dundees are enroute to recrafting.

Those Malverns at $127 were also a steal for someone.

I'd grab those burgundy Bradleys for $325 asap, they cannot last.

19. 850csi

850csi Senior member

CAN SOMEONE PM ME WHAT'S GOING ON!!!! [​IMG]

but seriously, been eying a pair of long branches that are currently $199 and didn't budge on labor day... will I be able to get 'em cheaper soon?

20. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I had been eyeing a pair of Long Branches for a long time, and they were stuck at $199 throughout all the sales I saw. I finally pulled the trigger and bought a pair at that price, and I can't wait until the weather is appropriate to wear them.

I'm on the fence about how to care for them/treat them. I applied a little conditioner cleaner when they first arrived. I'm sure the saddle soap or leather lotion by AE are good too. I have some Obenauf's HDLP, but I'm not sure I want to use it since I don't want to make the leather darker (I got the dark brown model).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.