1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IGotId

IGotId Senior member

Thanks, they're still available on the RL website but at full price...over $500!

2. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

If there is any pair out of the bunch that I would have it would be the Brown Calf Singleton, they're $200 right now with a few sizes left.

Link here:
    http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...623.4364142.4364144&view=99&parentPage=family

Edit: they have the black Sanderson in 3 sizes left for $250:
    http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...&view=99&ab=ln_men_cs_shoes&parentPage=family

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  3. IGotId

IGotId Senior member

Thanks for the work! I'm really interested in one of the brown shades (already have an Alden black shell LWB)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  4. Dremic

Dremic New Member

I bought some more 2.0s as apart of the shoe bank Labor Day sale, I got my seconds in the mail today and there are some major streaks in the right shoe, will they take these back? Will the streaks go away? [​IMG]

5. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

A little more to convince you regarding the Singleton's:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. jj4

jj4 Well-Known Member

Since no one has any ideas, does anyone know if the Mora 2.0 has a similar insole?

7. nomos

nomos Active Member

Can I return AE firsts I bought from AE website at local Nordstrom?

8. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Of course not. They're too separate companies. Just send it back via post. You can print a free returns label. It's easy!

9. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Yours look so much better than mine!

The finishing and burnishing of the leather looks superior. And the more "natural" edging is beautiful. Mine seems to be much more standard brown edging.

Is that a pic of them out of the box? Or did you apply any type of cleaning/polishing products?

10. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

I think someone asked for this recently. Left is bourbon. Right is brown. I typically don't like the bourbon color but on this shoe I think it really works.
    Edit: indoors, no flash, natural sunlight through window.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    2 people like this.
  11. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Does anyone have pics of the Mojave?

Seems like a better shape than the Amok, though the crepe sole isn't my first choice.

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I think the Bourbon color is THE color for the Mora 2 and the Dalton.

1 person likes this.
  13. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior member

Speaking of Mora 2; how to size versus Park Ave, Daltons, ?

In Stands and Park Ave I'm a 10EEE, but a 10E in Daltons. The shell Daltons are perfect, the calf pair is a little bit tighter on me.

14. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

My Strands are 12eee and my Mora 2 are 13 D...in a perfect world a 12.5 E would have been ideal for me however this is a case were good enough fit and price paid won. I have 13 D and 13 E Daltons both calf both fit well.

In most AE lasts(not 65) I think my best size would be a 12.5 but it seems once you go above 12 then you no longer matter in the 1/2 size world...hmmmm I am thinking the ACLU needs to get on this

15. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

Straight out of the box, no cleaning or polishing products which is actually rare for me as I usually do so. Once I saw the shine on them I decided against it. This was one of their firsts and directly from RL so I don't know if that had anything to do with it as mostly all my other AE's and RL's are seconds.

16. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior member

This is why I usually take many of the anecdotal comments about creases on certain shoes landing on the wrong side of the toe cap with a grain of salt. I've done the same thing in the distant past, buying a longer shoe than I needed, because Nordstrom would only stick D-widths, and their fitters would not level with me. I didn't realized I was being "sold" to by the unscrupulous until I went to get fitted at an AE store.

1 person likes this.
  17. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

Getting RL Sandersons or Singletons at Shoebank close out prices or (like me) during a two for $250 sale is like stealing. Really good quality / price ratio.

18. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Interesting. Thanks for the details. As I said earlier, all mine have been seconds (with almost no perceptible blemish) except by brown Sandersons. But none of them have ever looked quite that amazing.

I'm also curious about the edging, since all of my RL by AE shoes have the darker, brown edging and not that more unique style seen on yours.

19. shoosensuits

shoosensuits Well-Known Member

Agreed. The monks have a lot more "give", allowing one to fit in one width lower than optimal, pretty comfortably (straps always set to middle hole). Also, I find the morass to have a more cramped, pointer toebox than others on the 8 last. For these two reasons my moras are 10D but my "proper" fit for balmorals on the 8 is a 9.5E. I really feel that the mora 2.0 are one of AEs best, not sure why all the fuss over the creasing.

20. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Looks like my first experience with why they say not to use neutral polish on cordovan today. I think it's just more of a case of me over applying though. Lots of wax showing through in the creases.

Lot's of brushing will be in order tonight and next time I will use only very little Saphir cordovan cream.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.