• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indyoshi68

Reaction score

yeah. IMO it's always better to be thorough so you know your intentions are understood. I avoid communicating via text whenever possible because misunderstandings are so rampant.

That's what I thought I was doing. Well, if I haven't been pardoned, at least I believe I'm understood a bit better now. I'll take it.

In other news... there are new kids on the block. Twins!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's what I thought I was doing. Well, if I haven't been pardoned, at least I believe I'm understood a bit better now. I'll take it.

Congratulations! Let's go to Davidoff, my treat!

Very rosy, as well! No hint of jaundice. Are they burgundy shell or merlot calf?

BobStrauss

Reaction score
When's the next second's sale? I want to order some strands. I blame you guys for this addiction now. Although I hope I don't end up with 25 pairs.
smile.gif

I'm dying for a seconds sale myself. A 2 for $250 would be amazing.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hot damn, I always thought the Franciscan were a little too much for me, but now I'm intrigued... Hmm

TaperedGent

Reaction score
I've been a long time lurker here and I have a question for you gentlemen. Can anyone identify these? I'll admit i'm new to AE's and if I had to guess i'd say Macneil but i'm not sure.

chinngiskhaan

Reaction score

Yes, you were absolutely doing that. My comment about being thorough was in no way directed at you... sorry if it seemed that way. I've just always thought these sorts of things were amusing. It's a cycle of misunderstanding. You didn't mean anything bad, I totally understand that now, MWS didn't mean anything bad, I didn't mean anything bad, we misunderstood each other (more than once it seems) so the point of all of this is.......... Hey nice shoes! I want some burgundy in my collection, but my wife is not a fan
frown.gif
... any suggestions?

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
If any of y'all have a pair of Broadstreets (3-73 last), what size are they in relation to your 1, 5, or 7 last shoes? I'm trying to guesstimate what size I need.

I was looking into the broadstreets also, and was told that they run about the same size width wise, but shorter than the 5 last. AE site states that they are the "fullest girth" measurement, so I guesstimate one size up in length, and one size down in width compared to 5 last. Every ones feet are different though, so your results may be totally different. I'm going to my local AE store to try some shoes in that last before I put in my order to be on the safe side. Last time I guesstimated my size in AE shoes, I ended having to adjust my size 3 times. If it wasn't for AE's great customer service, and the SA offering to exchange my already worn pair for a new pair in my correct size, I would have been stuck with some ill fitting shoes.

I have the Broadstreet in a size 12D, and all of my 5 lasted shoes are also 12D. They fit great.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, you were absolutely doing that. My comment about being thorough was in no way directed at you... sorry if it seemed that way. I've just always thought these sorts of things were amusing. It's a cycle of misunderstanding. You didn't mean anything bad, I totally understand that now, MWS didn't mean anything bad, I didn't mean anything bad, we misunderstood each other (more than once it seems) so the point of all of this is.......... Hey nice shoes! I want some burgundy in my collection, but my wife is not a fan
frown.gif
... any suggestions?

cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads