1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HAL 9000

HAL 9000 Senior member

Hey Ayrton, is it possible that I can get the email of the shoebank/local store? Would you know if they are willing to ship to Canada? Thanks!

2. Power

Power Member

Hi there. Will any kind soul out there tell me what model is this pair of loafers that I picked up at Norstrom Rack in Seattle a few months ago. Unlike regular AE shoes, this one doesn't have the model name stamped on the insole. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

3. facet

facet Senior member

Ebay, Amazon, etc... You kind of have to just keep an eye out and have an idea of your sizing. If your ok with used shoes, you can find some good deals on returns on ebay. I just bought a pair of Jeffersons for $225 that looked to be in near new condition (waiting to get them, keep my fingers crossed). You have to be willing to take your time though.

4. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Do you think the mark on the inside of the left shoe on these ebay AEs is recoverable? Looks like it might be pretty deep. Not sure whether they're worth the risk:

[​IMG]

5. TauKappaEpsilon

TauKappaEpsilon Senior member

It looks a lot like the Kenwood however, it doesnt have some of the small details like the Kenwood, for example the Kenwood has picking on the tongue and quarters. Although, the Kenwood is currently the only beefroll penny loafer AE makes.

How much did you get these for btw?

6. Ayrton

Ayrton Well-Known Member

I have no idea if they will ship to Canada, but I do all my business with the Destin Florida store.

10406 U.S. 98 #67 Destin, FL 32550
    (850) 654-4790

7. Ayrton

Ayrton Well-Known Member

I have the North Platte and the Dalton. I use the NP for foul weather duty...

I can shoot you some pics tonight if you like.

8. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

It's probably a make-up for a dealer like Nordstrom or JAB. The shoe looks to be essentially the Kenwood, but with a few minor changes. I was told the LaSalle is essentially the Delray but with some minor changes based on requests by Nordstrom.

9. coremill

coremill Member

Been looking to pick up a pair of Walnut Strands. I emailed AE and the Seconds price is $259, plus shipping, whereas firsts are $335 and I can just walk into the shop and pick them up. At that price is it worth bothering with seconds?

10. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Depends on how 'pristine' you expect your shoes to be. AE seconds can vary from negligible flaws to those that are noticeable. You know your expectations the best so that should be your guide.

11. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

X posting from WAYWRN: [​IMG] Fifth Street (5-65 last) in oxblood (changed the color myself from dark brown)

12. seer

seer Senior member

Looking good - I just ordered a pair - I hope they are not two narrow. They only had "Ds" - how did you change the color?

13. DoctorRobot

DoctorRobot New Member

I was just out at the Allen Edmonds outlet last Saturday, and they also have a bunch of the Allen Edmonds for Brooks Brothers seconds (including walnut Strands). Price was $200.

I'm not 100% what the difference is, since the regular Strands seconds were a bit more, but it might be something worth looking into.

14. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

They fit similarly to other shoes on the 5 last. Regarding the color change, I stripped the color and used oxblood dye and some black cream for antiquing accent. This are probably 3 or 4 months since my little project so they've held up well.

15. Power

Power Member

Thanks. I got them for 60 bucks at the Rack. Unbelievable!

16. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I would, thank you.

Wanted to see how comparable the leather was to the Dalton, and what wear & tear I can expect.

17. ajmanouk

ajmanouk Senior member

Can anyone please comment on the fit of the handsewn 555 last in comparison to some other lasts?

18. mcass

mcass Well-Known Member

8.5D NP is gone. Whoever of you got it is one lucky person. Wanted that one bad.

19. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

It looks a lot like the Kenwood.

20. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Unless you need them immediately, I would pass. You can generally find first quality walnut Strands for cheaper than this during Amazon sales and Nordstrom's Anniversary sale. Also, if you like the players' shoe in walnut, it is on closeout pricing for an upcoming sale and easily found at Nordstrom Rack for $199.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.